Help Stop the Hungry Monster !!!

Options
Hi I am a Evening/ Night-time eater . Over the years I worked Night as a Carer and had to eat my meals at all crazy times of the early
mornings. I can not get out of this Night time feast even if I am no longer working them hours.I am so good durning the day then any time after 7.30 pm I turn into a Hungry Monster and my days hard work in ruin'd yet again.
The cravings are Crazy and very strong for the Hot late night dinners and then the Sweet tooth kicks in.
All ideas to get out of this old nasty habit would be a life save and not a weight gain.
Thanks for your time.

Replies

• VemmaMom
    VemmaMom Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome! So I can totally relate to the late eating. Im a hair designer and I used to go all day without eating then ravished all night. So Im re training my mind body and soul at the moment as well LOL.
    The best trainers say to eat the majority of the carbs in morn to lunch then heavy proteins thru the rest of the day which will keep you more full if eatin with veggies. After you do this for a week or so your body becomes adjusted and you arent soooo starving at night and maybe just bored eating if anything. So try to eat balanced and heavier thru day so the night you are feeling more balanced and drink a ton ton ton of water. Hope this helps ...:flowerforyou:
  • SarahBeeMe
    SarahBeeMe Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I don't have the same problem, but that's not to say that I don't sometimes get an attack of the killer hungries late at night! I've had to make sure I eat all (or nearly all) of my calories during the day, so that when I think "ooooh I fancy a little something" late in the evening I just have to tell myself that I can't because I don't have the calories, and try to go to sleep as quickly as possible!!! And remember the quicker you go to sleep the quicker you'll wake up and be able to eat breakfast, guilt free!!!
    This is coming from the girl currently working a night shift in England... having eaten a pot of houmous with carrot sticks at midnight ;)
  • TheTonyPony
    Options
    Well... Honestly? I try to go to bed as early as possible :P I don't have the will-power to stay away from the fridge after 10pm. I always make sure I am sound asleep and snooze through my hungry monster period of the night.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Skip breakfast to save cals for late night eating, as long as you fit it into your daily cals it doesn't matter when you eat
  • elianexox
    elianexox Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    It may sounds like a stupid answer, but when I'm really hungry and i crave something, i go brush my teeth. Haha it's sounds weird but once you have that mint flavor in your mouth, it kinda push aways the sugar cravings.

It works for me !
  • ShrinkingMG
    Options
    Try chewing gum or having black tea or coffee or other hot drink of choice (without sugar or milk if possible).
  • jg627
    jg627 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    I had to fast for a day and a half recently and I was hungry, so you know what I did? I got a bottle of pure lemon juice from concentrate and I chugged it. That worked for me. I forgot all about the hunger and my burps tasted lemon fresh.
  • poisongirl6485
    poisongirl6485 Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    I had to fast for a day and a half recently and I was hungry, so you know what I did? I got a bottle of pure lemon juice from concentrate and I chugged it. That worked for me. I forgot all about the hunger and my burps tasted lemon fresh.

OMG ew! LOL.
  • VemmaMom
    VemmaMom Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    OMG no never skip breakfast ever!!!! You are really to eat 30 mins after waking up to "break the fast" breakfast....It is suppose to be the biggest meal of the day and if you dont then you may as well eat 2 sticks of butter for lunch cause thats what your body will treat it as! yikes! all of us are just human and never take what every one says to serious for this reaon here. Trust me I may not be able to tell you all the answers but I can tell you all the not to do s" lol from all my mistakes.....and this is definately a big one ok!!????
  • Megan2Project
    Megan2Project Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I'm struggling with this too. I'm finding that I push dinner back a little and then try to save a sweet 100cal snack for after dinner that I have after consuming about 3 cups of water... Then I self-talk it out and say "Its all in my head" over and over and make myself go to bed even if I feel hungry... Its getting easier now...