Not new but I could use some support!

BodybyPlants
BodybyPlants Posts: 76 Member
edited October 3 in Introduce Yourself
Hello MFP members,

I am a 21 year old runner who could stand to lose about 5-8 pounds. I have been at a little bit of a halt in losing weight because I tend to binge one day and not eat the next... I know this is not normal but I am working on it. I used to be such a clean eater but since I am in-between apartments I decided to move home for a few months because I am still attending college... And now I am eating all this food (pop-tarts, sugary cereals... ect) I would never buy or eat normally... And I have NO will power to it. GRR. So glad I move into my own place next month! But I think some support would be helpful! =)

Anyhow, feel free to add me... Please send a message!

Replies

• kappyd
    kappyd Posts: 199 Member
    Feel free to add me if you don't mind me letting you know when you are eating something that might not be great for you.
  • EA4488
    EA4488 Posts: 16
    Hey there,
    I totally understand your situation. Being in college and trying to eat well among life changes is difficult. Sometimes we just have to accept that life gets in the way of us always doing the right thing and/or the healthiest thing. It is okay to treat yourself but I think what concerns me the most is the binging one day and then not eating the other. Instead of punishing yourself, recognize that the day before was more of a "reward" day and then eat normal the next (instead of starving). Starving yourself will lead to another binge --> guilt --> starve cycle. Instead, reward yourself with eating normal meals throughout the day because if you think about it, normal eating is rewarding your body with fuel so it can function! Take steps to try to reduce the guilt and frame of mind you start your day with. Hopefully this community can help you do that :-)

Sincerely,
    Erica
  • I agree with Erica. If you blow it one day, just chalk it up to momentary weakness and eat healthy the next day. If you decide you have to make a splurge on something sinfully delicious, just account for it and make an adjustment for the rest of the day. Don't let one day of backsliding put the hijinks in your whole plan.
  • I'm impressed you're a runner. If you blow your plan for one day just add a little exercise. I wish I could exercise more. I have some major back issues that keep me from doing some of the types of things I would like to do, but I'm trying to make up for it by really sticking to my daily calories. Run for me, will you?
  • I'm impressed you're a runner. If you blow your plan for one day just add a little exercise. I wish I could exercise more. I have some major back issues that keep me from doing some of the types of things I would like to do, but I'm trying to make up for it by really sticking to my daily calories. Run for me, will you?
  • BodybyPlants
    BodybyPlants Posts: 76 Member
    I'm impressed you're a runner. If you blow your plan for one day just add a little exercise. I wish I could exercise more. I have some major back issues that keep me from doing some of the types of things I would like to do, but I'm trying to make up for it by really sticking to my daily calories. Run for me, will you?

Thanks, i do tend to add more exercise the next day, however I try not to do this too much because I tend to go a little overboard! And I will run for you any time!!!
This discussion has been closed.