That fitness high! Thank goodness!

Options
Anyone else feel this way? And is it an extreme difference from where you were before?

I've really seen a big change in my energy levels since joining this MFP. And not just in how much i can work out or walk, but in my whole life.

I went from from sitting on my butt all day or even just laying down, watching tv, feeling lost, sad and depressed...
But once i started doing more cardio... even with a 15 minute power walk in the morning, i feel great ! And with a 45 minute hike - oh boy, i feel like i can take on the world!

Then I get back from my walk, i make a nice shake, then realize" woohoo! I should clean up this kitchen and maybe make a meal for tomorrow, finish the laundry..." etc etc.
It might sound silly but I want people to be part of my life, i am proud of who i am, i respect my own living space all because of a little power walk! It feels amazing.

:)

Replies

• Megan2Project
    Megan2Project Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Ha ha, I totally did that today. Went for a 73 min walk with my kids, stopped at the park, and came home.

THEN I was like I'm gonne deep clean this kitchen, may as well re-organize a few cupboards while I do... and Yes I better turn on that laundry. How bout some music to go with it... Love the exercise high!
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    Yeah, it's wonderful :smile:
  • SMarie10
    SMarie10 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Excellent post - it's really true that once you establish fitness as a routine, it becomes part of you. I had a similar story - I think I was depressed, eating too much and established my butt on the couch, but since I've made a committment to exercise, it has changed my life.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
  • cufirst84
    cufirst84 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I just joined today.... i cant wait to hit that feeling !!
  • kjannan
    kjannan Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel!
    I have to get up & exercise first thing in the morning or I just don't feel right for the rest of the day. I love the rush you get from exercise, I now know what I've been missing for all these years!
    Unless it's my rest day & my body tells me when I wake up what day that will be lol
  • lovelyiskey
    lovelyiskey Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Ha ha, I totally did that today. Went for a 73 min walk with my kids, stopped at the park, and came home.

THEN I was like I'm gonne deep clean this kitchen, may as well re-organize a few cupboards while I do... and Yes I better turn on that laundry. How bout some music to go with it... Love the exercise high!

Hahah! Yes totally. I even bought a yummy smelling body spray today on my walk and now i'm reorganizing my bathroom! haha
  • lovelyiskey
    lovelyiskey Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    bregalad5: isn't it! :)

SMarie10: Oh the couch, I think i made a groove in it! i started exchanging cushions it was so bad! You're so right, it really does become part of who you are. That's so great to hear it's change your life, what a nice feeling. I am slowly getting there, one day at a time :) I appreciate your feed back as well thanks :)

Alethea84: You'll get there so fast! Welcome btw :) feel free to add me if you like. I try to be encouraging when i can.

kazfitzy: yep! I am lucky and I can walk to my bus then to work so i get that 15 mins at the beginning of my day. If i get it later on i waste so much of the day, it sucks. yeah listening to your body is key isn't it, i had to take a little break but i'm back now. it was needed for sure :)