i'm new..... :)

Options
my friend told me about this web site. i have been logging in for two weeks now. so far i have lost some weight. it seems like my weight has been going up and down and i think i have been weighing myself too often. i have been exercising regularly also and have been excited about that. i am excitied to be trying something that makes it easy for me to track what i have been doing. wish me luck !!

Replies

• czdrill
    czdrill Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Here's a tip for weighing yourself, and for checking measurements;
    Weigh yourself every 2 weeks, at the same time of day each time. In the morning, after you pee is the best (or so I hear)
    When checking your measurements, check every 6-8 weeks, cause it takes longer for those results to be noticed.
  • TODJ06
    TODJ06 Posts: 85
    Options
    Hi, This is my second day... My friend also sent me the link for this site... so here goes nothing!!
    Good luck to you with it.

I was a bit dissappointed that this site only recognised cardiovascular exercise as calories burned and not weights... which i am sure would burn calories too.
    But that is my only gripe so far.

JT.
  • bevsdietfor2011
    bevsdietfor2011 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!! I am sure that you will do just fine!! Please feel free to check out my profile and add me if you would like. I have lost some, gained it back, lost it, gained it back and I am still trying to find the right way to keep it in the losing direction!! LOL

Hugs
    Bev
  • bevsdietfor2011
    bevsdietfor2011 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Hi, This is my second day... My friend also sent me the link for this site... so here goes nothing!!

I was a bit dissappointed that this site only recognised cardiovascular exercise as calories burned and not weights... which i am sure would burn calories too.

JT.

You can log the weights under the strength training section in the tracking area.
  • Pepper2185
    Pepper2185 Posts: 994 Member
    Options

Welcome to MFP! You can enter your weight training under your cardio. Search for "strength training." You are right, it does burn calories :)

@Raquel - Good luck. If you use the site, you will lose weight. Consistency is key :)
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options

JT.

This is not true.... they are just listed under cardio. Wear your HRM and track them -- you can create any exercise you want.