7 Day DIET challenge

Options
anyone tried this? i wanna give it a shot starting tomorrow :)

DAY ONE
All fruits except bananas. Your first day will consists of all fruits you want. It is suggested you consume lots of watermelon and cantaloupe.

DAY TWO
All vegetables. You are encouraged to eat until you are stuffed with all the new and cooked vegetables of your choice. There is no limit on the account or type. Avoid oil and coconut while cooking vegetables. Have large boiled potato for breakfast.

DAY THREE
Any mixture of fruits and vegetables of your choice. Any amount, any quantity. No bananas yet and no potatoes today.

DAY FOUR
Bananas and milk. Today you will eat as many as eight bananas and drink three glasses of milk. You can also have one bowl of vegetables soup.

DAY FIVE
Today is a feast day. You will eat 1 (one) cup of rice. You also have to eat 6 (six) whole tomatoes and drink 12 (twelve) glasses of water today to cleanse your system of the excess uric acid you will be producing.

DAY SIX
Today is another all vegetables day. You must eat 1 cup of rice today and eat all the vegetables you want cooked and uncooked to your heart's content.

DAY SEVEN
Today your food intake will consist of 1 cup rice, fruit juice and all the vegetables you care to consume. Tomorrow morning you will be five to eight kilograms lighter than 1 week ago. If you desire further weight loss, repeat the program again. Repeat the program as often as you like, however, it is suggested that you rest for three days before every repetition.

Replies

• AngelaWeber
    AngelaWeber Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    bump
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    So thats all you eat? Im a bit confused xD
  • soon2b_1fitmama
    Options
    yes!
  • michedarnd
    michedarnd Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Wow. That sounds like a nightmare for anyone with blood sugar or insulin issues -- and TOTALLY bad for any mix with exercise!
  • LoveNevrNds
    LoveNevrNds Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Looks interesting
  • sexforjaffacakes
    sexforjaffacakes Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Not enough protein, unless you eat a ton of pulses and nuts. You'll lose water weight mainly doing this, but probably not a lot of fat, and you risk damaging muscle
  • KDavis136
    Options
    I will definitely try this next month, after my bday. Thx
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    Why would you do this to your body?
    It needs all the necessary vitamins and minerals... also, you need protein to feel full.

This kinda defeats the purpose of MFP...
    also once you come off the diet you will put any weight you lost back on. See how diet has "DIE" in the first 3 letters- because they do not work!
  • soon2b_1fitmama
    Options
    Wow. That sounds like a nightmare for anyone with blood sugar or insulin issues -- and TOTALLY bad for any mix with exercise!

true..
    hopefully no1 does it with issues :/ lol kinda silly
  • regmcc
    regmcc Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I did this a couple times and it worked great....I would suggest though that you google 'Cabbage Soup Diet'.....you are missing the main ingredient to this diet which is really a cleanse......i felt great when I did it but there are some cautions to be aware of. Good luck!
  • jayliospecky
    jayliospecky Posts: 25,022 Member
    Options
    So, um....where did this diet come from? Any research as to what this would actually do to your body? No judgement, just posing the question.
  • soon2b_1fitmama
    Options
    that's why i am asking if anyone has done it.
    i'm in another forum and there's a bunch of women doing it.. but i wanted to ask a website that would know more about it:)
  • Jemmuno
    Jemmuno Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    My grand parents did this and lost a lot of weight, but they gained it all back because they didn't make a lifestyle change. I would actually guess this wouldn't be too unhealthy because it has a lot of vegetable days and vegetables have all the nutrients we need including protien, soy bean especially have a lot of protien in them so make sure you stock up on those if you plan on doing this. There is actually a lot of evidence that plant based diets are one of the best ways to eat.
  • soon2b_1fitmama
    Options
    Why would you do this to your body?
    It needs all the necessary vitamins and minerals... also, you need protein to feel full.

This kinda defeats the purpose of MFP...
    also once you come off the diet you will put any weight you lost back on. See how diet has "DIE" in the first 3 letters- because they do not work!

not everyone gains the weight back after a diet. :D
  • soon2b_1fitmama
    Options
    I did this a couple times and it worked great....I would suggest though that you google 'Cabbage Soup Diet'.....you are missing the main ingredient to this diet which is really a cleanse......i felt great when I did it but there are some cautions to be aware of. Good luck!

thank you!!! i just copied and paste what they had on their thread! but i found this!
    http://www.cabbage-soup-diet.com/eating-plan/
  • soon2b_1fitmama
    Options
    My grand parents did this and lost a lot of weight, but they gained it all back because they didn't make a lifestyle change. I would actually guess this wouldn't be too unhealthy because it has a lot of vegetable days and vegetables have all the nutrients we need including protien, soy bean especially have a lot of protien in them so make sure you stock up on those if you plan on doing this. There is actually a lot of evidence that plant based diets are one of the best ways to eat.

yes, that's why ppl gain the weight back.

i know i'm going to read about it a bit more and i might try it..
  • Maria_Everett
    Options
    I will try this next month I heard it's good to cleanse your body with fruit and veggie diet. And of course if someone do this for a week and after that go eat pizza every other day they will gain weight no matter what. I think this is good start to change eating habits.
  • jayliospecky
    jayliospecky Posts: 25,022 Member
    Options
    I did a quick google of the cabbage soup diet, which sounds slightly less bizarre since it does include some protein later in the week. I also read through the disadvantages of the diet, which I would recommend you do as well. Some were that you might feel very low on energy and that your body would break down muscle to provide its energy. Also, they said it is NOT recommended that you repeat the week.