How have i been living my life?????

oh my.... as much as im exploring the site...m surprising myself!!!!
i used the database to check the aprox calories of the food i used to eat A LOT!!!!!

zinger burger.... 500 calories....
dominoes regular pizza.... aprox 800 cals....
softdrinks n all junk.....
choco donut... 450 cals

my god.... i'm SHOCKED to see all d junk i was eating without even caring about it ..i always knew they were not good fo rme...bt never imagined they'd b so high on cal count!!!!! :frown:

thnk god i found i this site n now m watching everything i eat!!!!!! :smooched:

Replies

• Sagelit
    Sagelit Posts: 78
    That's how I felt when I first checked out the database. "40 CALORIES FOR A DONUT HOLE? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?" It made me sad to see all my favourite snacks go away. Now I've found low- or no-calorie substitutions that make me happy again!
  • I've never logged the stuff I used to eat- but *tempted* sometimes.

I was MORTIFIED the very first week I started logging food-
    and, like MOST everyone who first joins, went WAY OVER for a while- until I learned how to
    eat in moderation- and make better, healthier choices-
    swapping This for That, ect.

SERIOUSLY, it's a wonder I wasn't THOUSANDS of pounds over the weight limit....

They should teach THIS in school-haha ( only 1/2 joking)
  • Papa Murphy's 5 meat stuffed pizza=740 calories per piece!!!!
  • RuchikaPal
    RuchikaPal Posts: 313 Member
    i know..... sometimes i'd eat a sub.. n think hey i ate a sob that should hv any calories...but nooo :( how wrong was i...... :(
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Good for you, girl! It's amazing what you can uncover when you look at your old habits! I used to go out for meals ALL the time with friends and looking at common things I would eat, could easily consume over 1,000 in one meal. I honestly don't know how I ever let myself do stuff like that...besides holidays haha

I'm glad to have you as a MFP friend! <3
  • RuchikaPal
    Good for you, girl! It's amazing what you can uncover when you look at your old habits! I used to go out for meals ALL the time with friends and looking at common things I would eat, could easily consume over 1,000 in one meal. I honestly don't know how I ever let myself do stuff like that...besides holidays haha

aaww :D:blushing: :flowerforyou:

n yes i cant believe i'd eat an entire pizza in one sitting n also eat garlic bread wd dips along with it....... :noway:
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member

aaww :D:blushing: :flowerforyou:

n yes i cant believe i'd eat an entire pizza in one sitting n also eat garlic bread wd dips along with it....... :noway:

Oh, I feel you...I could eat an entire pizza AND cinnamon sticks from Dominos...ridiculous! Now, I feel disgusting even just have a burger and small fries!
  • Papa Murphy's 5 meat stuffed pizza=740 calories per piece!!!!

Never had Papa Murphy's until this past weekend. I thought I'll get the stuffed chicago it looks so good on the site, but i didn't bother to check calories until after I ate 2 slices. I was shocked I couldn't believe it was over 1000 calories. I had thought for sure it would be less than Papa Johns. Now that I've checked the nutrition chart I know to definitely stick with the delite pizzas there.
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Yes reality definitely can be scary sometimes in life. .. but sometimes that's exactly the shaking that we need to make a change. . . or keep doing something positive in our lives. . .

Glad that you have found this site to be as helpful as I do. . I just love it here~! Best of luck in your health and fitness journey~:smile:
  • RuchikaPal
    Yes reality definitely can be scary sometimes in life. .. but sometimes that's exactly the shaking that we need to make a change. . . or keep doing something positive in our lives. . .

Glad that you have found this site to be as helpful as I do. . I just love it here~! Best of luck in your health and fitness journey~:smile:
    thnk u so much...

n yes it was like a wake up call for me... n m sure for everyone else here!!!!! :flowerforyou: