40-teens?

Options
I am not fond of doctors saying "you know, when we reach that age..." so I am looking for other any -teens out there who are enjoying thier lives and getting healthy. What secrets can you give? Any helpful hints for those of us just starting out?

I have been very food driven lately and LOVE the creamy yummy foods that are not so good for my middle. Since I don't want to be diabetic, (needle phobic) I am looking to drop some weight and get healthy again. :happy:

Replies

• VemmaMom
    VemmaMom Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome!!! You have the last stop here LOL its alot of fun and tons of support and you ll definately meet like minded folks and some not like minded but all are here for one purpose. Friend me if you like. I have met alot of nice people and some who really care super supportive and dont judge you...love it!!!! Look forward to getting to know ya
  • winslow44238
    Options
    Thank you. I am a pretty mild mannered person. Just looking for other easy going friends to support and have fun with. Thanks for the invite. Accepted! :happy:
  • happymommy40
    Options
    Hi-feel free to add me! I have a pretty high chance of getting Type 2 Diabetes since I had gestational diabetes with both pregnancies. So I am trying to prevent that from happening. I am new to MFP, but not to weight loss so I am happy to share what I have learned and give support.
  • winslow44238
    Options
    Added you too. Thanks. My Mum had gestational Diabetes with me, and tells me since there are other family members with it too, I should get heathier. Decided I should stop tapping at Death's door by creating habits that lead me to an unhealthy life and start getting out and really living life. It is very hard for me to figure out the right foods to eat though.

Seems like if you are watching your carbs, then fats are high, and if you are watching the fats in your diet, the sodium is high... Oh my! How confusing! :wink: