I need everyone's honest opinion

Options
I am 208 lbs as of 9/22/11--- can I make my goal of 135 by 6/1/12? I really want to be 135 by my wedding. Please, I need some honest answers. If you believe I can't make it then what weight do you think I will be by 6/16/12?

Replies

• boku70
    boku70 Posts: 80
    Options
    I just dropped 110 lbs in 7 months.

Under medical supervision, though--I don't suggest doing that on your own. (I have one friend who did something similar without the doctors involved--it cost him his gallbladder.)

good luck! :-)
  • jojoof4
    jojoof4 Posts: 120
    Options
    Anything is possible if you set your mind to it. I definitely think it is possible, however it will require some real dedication and hard work. Ideally, losing 1 lb a week is the best way to go, but it is not unheard of to lose 2 or more lbs per week. Good luck!!
  • shannonichole
    Options
    You should be able to do it if you work really hard at it. That would be about 2 pounds a week. I would buy a cheap dress in the size you want and hang it somewhere you can see it and try it on regularly. If you gain muscleand tone up then you might not see it reflected in your weight as much. so it might be easier to aim for a size versus weight.
  • Samerah12
    Samerah12 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Depends on the person but technically should be do-able if you have the necessary willpower!
  • LolaVaantz
    LolaVaantz Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Its possible, really really hard and a bit extreme, but possible.

How about a goal of not a weight, but a "zone" as in "not obese" or overweight. A healthy range is much more reasonable, and not knowing your height, who is saying 135 is the best look for you anyway when you get to that point?

So, best plan if you want my opinion? A healthy, happy, glowing you will be much better up there standing with your man than a number. Work hard, eat well, and the number on the scale isn't going to matter on that day

:)
  • Cakepiebeer
    Options
    yes its possible. you just need to do your research and kick some *kitten*. Look at the biggest loser contestant. theres proof right there that it can be done in 3 months
  • winslow44238
    Options
    Be careful. Yes, you can loose it that fast, but if you want to keep it off, and not have it return with friends later, loose it slower. You really have to drink a LOT of water if you are going on one of those crash diets to avoid build up of toxins in your body.

Tea is really good and lots of fiber. Eat a healthy diet, and just stay under the recommended calories each day. Excercise is going to be a huge key. Start out low impact like swimming.
  • RedHotHunter
    RedHotHunter Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I absolutely think you can do that. It will be very hard work, but doable. I've lost a lot in less time. I would only caution you to be aware of your health and dont just "get skinny", get healthy. Good luck!
  • caeliumspecto
    caeliumspecto Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Two things: 1) definitely check with a doctor to make sure you aren't over doing things and 2) don't expect to lose that weight evenly. You may be able to lose weight more quickly at first, but slow down as you reach your goal weight. Once you are at a healthy BMI, you really shouldn't try to lose more than .5 - 1.5 lbs per week.
  • Lisa__Michelle
    Lisa__Michelle Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    It wasn't possible for me. I have worked REALLY hard and have lost 37 lbs in exactly a year! It really depends on the person's body though!
  • camy_chick
    camy_chick Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    you can lose about 2 pounds a week, and be right around your goal weight then. it WILL take hard work AND dedication. to your diet, your exercise, and to TRACKING on here. tracking helps A LOT! good luck. hope to see pics of you in your dress at your goal weight.
  • Fighting4Healthy
    Fighting4Healthy Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    shannonnicole--- you are right..... the size I defiantly want is a size 6 for my wedding :-)

To everyone--- I plan on just eating right and exercising regularly----> my meals will be small but well portioned and I am planning on walking at least 30 minutes per day. No fad diets here, lol. I have tried most of the fad diets out there and none of them have worked. I will be taking a multivitamin and working very hard, I am a truck driver and will be back at work in about a week or two, so it won't be easy, but I am a hard worker. :-)
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I don't know what weight you will be... but I do know that if you watch what you eat and get started with some exercise you will be significantly smaller and you will be feeling great for your wedding next year.

Wedding's are stressful enough as it is without putting a huge extra burden of HAVING to be a certain weight by a certain date - you have made a great start by deciding to make changes, you have lots of time to lose plenty of weight and still be healthy and sane by your wedding day... good luck with it!
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Be careful. Yes, you can loose it that fast, but if you want to keep it off, and not have it return with friends later, loose it slower. You really have to drink a LOT of water if you are going on one of those crash diets to avoid build up of toxins in your body.

Tea is really good and lots of fiber. Eat a healthy diet, and just stay under the recommended calories each day. Excercise is going to be a huge key. Start out low impact like swimming.

Uh... what? xD You need to do some more research :flowerforyou:
  • MIMITIME
    MIMITIME Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    It is possible but it will take a lot of work and some very rigid meal planning to get there. I think the idea of going from your size now down to a certain size is pretty good. If you have to work so hard and be so rigid for that kind of weight loss, will you be able to do it day after day? I say give it a try for a week or two with a goal of 2 pounds a week and see if it is something you can do for the long haul. If you can, keep on going. If not, back off to a pound a week. That's still about 30 to 40 pounds and that is still a lot of weight loss. Good Luck
  • JuniperT
    JuniperT Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I absolutely believe it's possible, I've been on here for 5 months now and lost 50 pounds and that's 3 months of not doing any excercise because I'm pregnant and have to take it easy for the first couple months because of my history. Either way, I think if you really want it and work hard enough it's doable. Just be careful and if you think your pushing yourself too hard, slow it down a bit, talk it over with a doctor. Everything is possible and within reach :smile:
  • judkinsjenny
    Options
    yes that exactly right. i may stiill be chubby and have a ways to go, but i am so much healthier and happier. you can go to healthstatus.com, it has helpful hints.
  • MissD89
    MissD89 Posts: 102
    Options
    My honest opinion.... Absolutely! If you are dedicated, you can certainly achieve that goal without a real problem! Feel free to friend me. Good luck!
  • Megan2Project
    Megan2Project Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    It *can* be done.
    It would be lots of hard work, and you're going to want to have a really good fitness program to help you. Make sure you don't crash-diet, and keep eating enough calories. I am hoping to lose 100lbs by June 22nd 2012. If I don't make it though I know I'll be on my way for sure.

You may want to get a personal trainer on board to go to when you need them, or a lifestyle coach may also have some great tips for you.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    How many pounds would 1lb a week be? I'd set that as your goal and then if you lose more, great.