Having a Pity Party for the last month.... UGH!!!

Options
I am sooooooooooooo upset that my treadmill was destroyed during the hurricane [and I can't afford a new one].... There have been so many days when I could not go out to exercise that I would have been on it...... I know I've been singing the same pitiful song for the last month, but I am really struggling to stay motivated..... Thinking of maybe doing a cleanse or SOMETHING to jump start my weightloss again..... [sigh]

Replies

• WifeMomDVM
    WifeMomDVM Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    I just cancelled my pity party for the past month TODAY! For me, admitting that I was having one (I kept admitting it every week in my blog and tried to do better) was half the battle.

I finally got fed up with myself and my fire just randomly came back.

DON'T GIVE UP!!! YOU'LL GET OVER THIS SLUMP! One thing that helped me was peeking at the success stories in the message boards. Try it!

I know one good day doesn't undo one bad month - but it's a start and a step in the right direction. I've already planned out my clean diary for tomorrow and loaded up on clean, organic produce from the grocery today - woo hoo!

If I can do it - so can you!

In the mean time - walk or run outside - rain or shine! Or see if insurance will get you a new one since it was destroyed by a hurricane.
  • tigersmoondiva
    tigersmoondiva Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Lot's of people lose weight without treadmills. Personally I think those things are just AWFUL.
  • NYLatinaCR
    Options
    Thank you so much!! You look awesome!!

I have been reading the message boards for the last hour, trying to jumpstart myself.....
    I haven't gained any weight, but I haven't lost any either.....

Unfortunately, my insurance will not cover my treadmill......:sad:
    Unfortunately, I can't go running in the rain because MOST of the time, I have my babies with me.....:sad:

It's going to take months for my house to get repaired..... I feel out of sorts because my house has been violated.....

I feel so ridiculous for not being able to "get it together".... Im not usually this whimpy!! :ohwell:
  • sagetracey
    sagetracey Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    NYLatinaCR - your reactions sound perfectly normal for what you have been through! And now you are ready to divert your energy back into healthy living, even though your circumstances are still far from ideal. Good for you!
  • NYLatinaCR
    Options
    Thank you so much SageTracey!
    I've got to figure something out quick....... I am barely hanging on to the wagon here..........