Do I need to eat all my calories when I am sick and not hung

Options
okay so pretty much, i have the flu and am really just not hungry. eating very clean but not eating a lot, is this ok to just listen to my body or do i need to eat more anyway?

Replies

• billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    Your body knows more than a computer database. Go with it.
  • judkinsjenny
    Options
    id say listen. your body is in sick mode. chillout till you feel better! hugs!
  • PST0622
    PST0622 Posts: 115
    Options
    Listen to your body!!! Hope you are feeling better soon!
  • Tiffanydepiano
    Tiffanydepiano Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Listen to your body as long as you are not going to be sick for more than a few days. Try BRAT-bananas, rice, applesauce, tea. These foods are very easy on the tummy and should be able to keep them down. Don't forget lots of fluids, water and juices if your diet will allow. Clear juices are tolerated best.

You may have already known this. Sorry if it is redundant.
  • Eliza1980
    Eliza1980 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I was in the same situation last week. Listen to your body and don't make yourself feel worse by forcing yourself to eat. If you're under your calories for a day or two its no big deal, it only becomes a problem when it happens on a regular basis. Feel better! :flowerforyou:
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    Listen to your body as long as you are not going to be sick for more than a few days. Try BRAT-bananas, rice, applesauce, tea. These foods are very easy on the tummy and should be able to keep them down. Don't forget lots of fluids, water and juices if your diet will allow. Clear juices are tolerated best.

You may have already known this. Sorry if it is redundant.

Thankyou :)
    *If only I could afford bananas sigh*
  • EA4488
    EA4488 Posts: 16
    Options
    Listen to your body BUT also force yourself to drink plenty of fluids, not just water. You will lose essential electrolytes through sweating and fever. While I would say pay attention to what your body is telling you, you also have to give it some fuel and fluids :-)

Feel better soon!
  • 16mixingbowls
    16mixingbowls Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

How much are bananas????? They're $0.17 each here in California! What's your bargain fruit?

Feel better:)
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options

How much are bananas????? They're $0.17 each here in California! What's your bargain fruit?

[/quote]

$10.99 per kg. A hurricane knocked out nearly all our crops at the beginning of the year, and we are not allowed to import.
  • kellie182
    Options
    I'd say just relax and keep your fluids up. Hope ur feeling better soon
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    wow-learn something new everyday!

$10.99 per kg. A hurricane knocked out nearly all our crops at the beginning of the year, and we are not allowed to import.
    [/quote]