Cottage Cheese

Options
The salt content seems high. Is too much cottage cheese a bad thing for that reason?

Replies

• Jesung
    Jesung Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    No they're great for you
  • ziggylove
    Options
    I've been frequently eating Lucerne 2% cottage cheese (1 serving, 1/2 cup, per instance) for a quick pick-me-up snack when getting home from work. I suppose the sodium could be a problem for people who have to watch their intake, though I thought the "danger" was more about the fat and calories adding up if one is not careful about portion size. There are also low sodium varieties on the market though I can't vouch for their taste as I've never tried them.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    It's also high in protein which is good for you. Don't worry about the sodium, you can certainly reduce sodium in other ways besides cutting out cottage cheese.
  • johnhowson
    johnhowson Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    It is the fats and cholesterol that people worry about but yes salt too. However eaten in moderation ...
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't cut out cottage cheese either. Try looking for different brands. Surely not all brands have the same amount of sodium.

Be sure to drink plenty of water and cut sodium out other ways and you should be fine. I've never worried about sodium in cottage cheese and my heart and BP are just fine.
  • gmckay27
    Options
    Thanks for the info.