no weight loss in 2 months

Options
I have been up and down the same 3-4 lbs the last 2 months! Although I havn't gone calorie crazy, I tell myself it's probably because I havn't been tracking everyday and need to find a way to get more exercise in; working 12 hour shifts and having 4 children makes finding time to exercise difficult! Any other suggestions on ways to getting the pounds melting off again?

Also, if anyone cares to add me, please do. Somedays I feel like I havn't time my MFP, but I hit-up FB every couple of hours. I'm thinking if I find some more MFP friends, I'd be more likely to log in.

Replies

• abellante_0205
    abellante_0205 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    have you done measurements? Sometimes if you don't see it on the scale, you see it in measurements, it could be water retention or muscle gain! Don't give up :)
  • rudegyal_b
    rudegyal_b Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    you definitely have to track EVERYTHING that goes into your mouth religiously, especially if you can't exercise regularly. also are you drinking enough water and reducing sodium? i agree with the above post, you need to keep measurements. i went thru this for 9 days and thought it was bad, 2 months is a long time...log!!
  • nelson6500
    Options
    I am with you. 3 weeks with no weight loss. I weigh in tomorrow. It is tough but you have to keep working hard. If you log your food and work-outs, it will fall into place. At least that is what they keep telling me.

Good luck!
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    you definitely have to track EVERYTHING that goes into your mouth religiously, especially if you can't exercise regularly.

While I agree that tracking helps, I disagree that you have to be super adamant about it. And exercise helps but isn't necessary. I don't really work out yet and you can see my progress in my signature.

Most calories on packaged foods are off by about 20% anyway. We're eating more than we think because industry standard and the FDA allows for a 20% variance so they all exploit that to the absolute limits. Plus, if you're anything like me, you're constantly being surprised by friends, family, whomever, with eating out where estimating calories is quite a guessing game. XD

Just do your best, switch up your intake. I would recommend eating more, personally. Just up it by 50 cals a week til things start moving again. Good luck!
  • CindiBryce
    Options
    have you done measurements? Sometimes if you don't see it on the scale, you see it in measurements, it could be water retention or muscle gain! Don't give up :)
    It can't be muscle gain, since she said she needs more exercise, and has difficulty finding time to exercise.
    And yes, take measurements. Also, please log EVERYTHING. I log, even when I overeat (which is quite often) Use the calorie counter. It will help immensely. Don't be discouraged!
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem. i raised my calories to 1500 from 1200 and kind of gave up. I just started yoga last week, i did 3 classes two were hot yoga and this week i dropped 2 lbs! Maybe just try something new. I was doing zumba and the shred and weights.
  • sarahazelnut99
    sarahazelnut99 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    i was stuck for five months...for the first three i felt horrible about it and then i thought about how i had lost 8 pounds in four months and that im not in a race. its gonna be okay. i started losing weight when school started up because i am more active now-ive lost 12 pounds and it took a very long time to see the scale move but it made me realize that weight loss has to go slow-its a learning process and its better if it goes slow. I actually increased my calories to 1600 from 1350 and it REALLY helped me believe it or not.
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    It can't be muscle gain, since she said she needs more exercise, and has difficulty finding time to exercise.
    And yes, take measurements. Also, please log EVERYTHING. I log, even when I overeat (which is quite often) Use the calorie counter. It will help immensely. Don't be discouraged!

Also, the average woman will put on fewer than 5 lbs. of muscle over the course of her (adult) LIFETIME. Unless you're mega-training with Olympic weights, you don't have to worry about gaining weight from muscle.
  • CallejaFairey
    CallejaFairey Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    i am just coming off of almost 2 months straight of not losing a thing. i drank plenty of water, tracked everything and always watch my sodium. my problem, i think, was my activity level. i don't have any sort of HRM to be able to find out for sure how active i was being at work. so...i finally decided to give myself a break. went for a week without tracking anything, ate whatever i wanted, meaning still mostly stuff i would eat normally, but i also didn't worry about what i chose when i went out to eat. i even had mcdonalds one night. after that week, i went right back to my tracking, and after a week or 2, started to lose again. sometimes you just have to give your body a little shakeup. some people do it by increasing exercise, but that is unrealistic for me. the food thing seemed to have worked. just don't give up...i know how hard it is to see the same numbers week after week, but no one said this weightloss thing would be easy right?