please help me start today off right

Options
im new to this site and it is telling me to eat 2100 cals a day,,,is this wrong? I am moderatly active, 6"tall and 314 Lbs

Could I please have some opinions

Replies

• donnaleahnoelle
    Options
    im new to this site and it is telling me to eat 2100 cals a day,,,is this wrong? I am moderatly active, 6"tall and 314 Lbs

Could I please have some opinions
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    Are you set to lose 2 lbs a week? It probably is right, because you have a high weight, even with a deficit your calorie intake can be pretty high and you'll still lose. That said, it's pretty safe for you to go even lower because you have the energy eserves (fat) to sustain you. You could try that number and see how you do, you might end up playing around with it though.
  • donnaleahnoelle
    Options
    I think I live life in starvation mode, so im really afraid to not eat enough because I know I will just get frustrated if I don't see results.
  • stevieg_fan
    Options
    That's probably right... try it for a couple weeks and see.

To start - don't add in your exercise cals to see if your body's energy reserves can sustain the activity without shutting down. Eventually you'll want to start eating some or most of your exercise cals though.
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I suggest looking up some signs and symptoms of starvation mode..It takes quite a lot to even enter it....really its the food choices we make that often leave us feeling guilty...you will be able to eat more once figure your daily requirements for nutrition...You will see results if you stay active physically and eat foods that provide nutrition before eating empty calorie foods. Good luck:drinker:
  • montanamomma
    Options
    I am new to this, but I try to make healthier choices than I used to make and do at least 30 min of exercise every day. I started this Jan 6 and have lost 18 pounds. After I started tracking on this site I hit a plateau. I eat when I get frustrated so I gained two pounds. Now I am seriously trying. to exercise 60 min a day and not cheat. Good luck.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    at 2000 calories a day you don't have to worry about starvation mode. Give those numbers a go, for a few weeks maybe, and see how you're doing. Going lower shouldn't be a problem for you if you find you're not losing. Talk to your doctor if you are concerned though, I'm guessing they would place you on a diet of about 1500-1600 cals a day.