UK Kitchen scales recommendations?

Options
Eeek! My kitchen scales have broken, so I need to get some new ones asap. But I worked out that my last ones were not so accurate anyway, and obviously that's the most important thing. Do you have any suggestions for scales I can find on the high street? My last ones were about £17, but I don't mind going between £20 and £30 if necessary. I'm quite interested in those 'aquatronic' ones, although I'm not sure how much I'd use the liquid measuring function.

Replies

• aaleigha1
    aaleigha1 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I bought some nutrition scales from lloyds pharmacy about 6 years ago they seem to be really good and do give some food values
    they are still going strong and have only had their battery changed twice in all that time (saying that I will no doubt have to change them next week :) )

I dont even know if they still sell them
  • aaleigha1
    aaleigha1 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    just check and they are on special offer at 14 99
    http://www.lloydspharmacy.com/en/lloydspharmacy-nutritional-scales-17928
  • Jenmilleroz
    Options
    Salter is a great brand available internationally
  • Jenmilleroz
    Options
    Salter is a great brand available internationally
  • whiskey9890
    whiskey9890 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    this will sound strange but we have 3 sets of scales in our house (not including the bathroom ones) 2 are dial ones which are fine but we got a new (to us) one from ebay and its a commercial one (think the flat sort that butchers and greengrocers use) that does .3 of a gram has an add and weigh function, they may not be the prettiest of scales (we haven't actually bought them for food so matching in with decor was certainly never an issue) but they are accurate have a batterey as well as mains adapter, the point is the standard pretty digital kitchen scales are all going for around the same money we spent on this set which will last longer due to the materials used (its metal) and is more accurate, and only a fraction larger than the other "flat" set we have. certainly worth checking out the commercial style scale as well as standard kitchen
  • MissMaggie3
    MissMaggie3 Posts: 2,464 Member
    Options
    Thanks everybody. I'll let you know what I end up with!:smile:
  • MissMaggie3
    MissMaggie3 Posts: 2,464 Member
    Options
    Well in the end my choice was limited. The shop where I got the original set agreed to an exchange, even though I didn't have the receipt or the box (yes, they are wonderful!). So my choice was restricted to the range they had in store. I did upgrade though, and I am now the proud owner of Salter maxview electronic kitchen scales. I've just tried them and they are fab! *lovingly strokes item of kitchen equipment*