anyone losing weight ready to ttc or ttc now?

Options
hi all i was wondering if anyone else was losing weight in prep to ttc or are ttc now?

i'm michelle i'm 31 and mum to 2 nicole 10 zac 3 and we are planning to start ttc for a girl (with the girl diet) in jan. i would like to lose a stone and a half before i get pg really but i'm struggling to get my head back into it. i have already lost 4 stone but regain 1 stone. so now i'm doing it on my own.

Replies

• McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    Not ttc. But, side question: Can you really affect the sex of your baby pre-conception with diet?

That sounds like a myth...?
  • sdokeefe
    Options
    That doesnt sound possible, you can only provide the X chromosomes, your partner provides a mix of X and Y's and then which ever 'wins' the race combines with you X and you get that type of baby.
    You could try planning the time when the X's and Y's are released with the passage of your X, the Y sperms get to the tubes faster, but die whilst the X's are slower to arrive so could meet the egg there.
  • peachyleesh
    Options
    HI!

I am currently TTC. I am trying not to eat too little ( I was on quite a restricted plan before) but I want to stay healthy and keep up my regular exercise (walking the dog twice a day).
  • tinksmum
    Options
    theres been alot of research gone into it whether it works or not they are not sure but theres groups all over the web with woman trying it and i have one of each so it seems to match for each child. the way its said to work is by changing a woman body to make it more friendly to either boy or girlo sperm.
    i thought i'm gonna ttc anyway i might as well give it a shot if it works i get a girl thats great if it doesn't and i get a boy thats still great to cause we have a baby.
  • tinksmum
    Options
    That doesnt sound possible, you can only provide the X chromosomes, your partner provides a mix of X and Y's and then which ever 'wins' the race combines with you X and you get that type of baby.
    You could try planning the time when the X's and Y's are released with the passage of your X, the Y sperms get to the tubes faster, but die whilst the X's are slower to arrive so could meet the egg there.
    yeah timing is involed to and other stuff
  • tinksmum
    Options
    HI!

I am currently TTC. I am trying not to eat too little ( I was on quite a restricted plan before) but I want to stay healthy and keep up my regular exercise (walking the dog twice a day).

hi hun how long have you been ttc?
  • tinksmum
    Options
    HI!

hi hun how long have you been ttc?
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    theres been alot of research gone into it whether it works or not they are not sure but theres groups all over the web with woman trying it and i have one of each so it seems to match for each child. the way its said to work is by changing a woman body to make it more friendly to either boy or girlo sperm.
    i thought i'm gonna ttc anyway i might as well give it a shot if it works i get a girl thats great if it doesn't and i get a boy thats still great to cause we have a baby.

Interesting approach! Thanks for the explanation and good luck!
  • WendyHJ
    WendyHJ Posts: 60
    Options
    I you have an iPad or phone there is a cool app called iPeriod that is amazing for tracking your cycle and showing your ovulation, etc. I am just using it to get a reminder when it's coming.
  • tinksmum
    Options
    thanks hun
  • tinksmum
    Options
    I you have an iPad or phone there is a cool app called iPeriod that is amazing for tracking your cycle and showing your ovulation, etc. I am just using it to get a reminder when it's coming.

will have a look if its on my phone thank you. i use fertilty friend at mo cause i've just started charting
  • broken_star1134
    broken_star1134 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm not currently ttc and won't be any time soon. One of the reasons is I gain a TON of weight while pregnant so I want to lose a lot of my weight that I gained when pregnant with my youngest son who just turned 3. I gained almost 70 pounds with him! I had went on weight watchers a year before I got pregnant with him and lost 35 pounds taking me to my pre pregnancy weight of my oldest son. I am 14 pounds heavier than that right now but I want to get to my goal weight before we start and for that, I have 51 pounds left to lose. I figure once I lose that from my life change journey, I will have been set in my life changing ways and it will be easier during a pregnancy so I don't gain too much and it will be easier to lose it again. We too are hoping to have a girl this time around since we have two boys already. Good luck with your journey!
  • tinksmum
    Options
    I'm not currently ttc and won't be any time soon. One of the reasons is I gain a TON of weight while pregnant so I want to lose a lot of my weight that I gained when pregnant with my youngest son who just turned 3. I gained almost 70 pounds with him! I had went on weight watchers a year before I got pregnant with him and lost 35 pounds taking me to my pre pregnancy weight of my oldest son. I am 14 pounds heavier than that right now but I want to get to my goal weight before we start and for that, I have 51 pounds left to lose. I figure once I lose that from my life change journey, I will have been set in my life changing ways and it will be easier during a pregnancy so I don't gain too much and it will be easier to lose it again. We too are hoping to have a girl this time around since we have two boys already. Good luck with your journey!
    thanks hun and good luck to you too
  • mollb
    mollb Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Ooh, I just started using Fertility Friend too! Between it and MFP I feel like my whole life is on my phone :)

We're going to start TTC in November or December. I want to get my weight down 3 or 4 more pounds before we start, then I'll adjust my diet/exercise towards keeping my body fertility friendly.
  • mollb
    mollb Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    No idea how effective they are, but the two approaches are either to time it based on ovulation because boy/girl sperm travel at different rates or to change your diet so that your body is more or less hospitable to boy sperm.