SLIM FAST MILKSHAKE

Options
hi, as anybody been on the slim fast shakes? and if so
do they work? how much weight did you loose on them?

thinking of going on them on monday..

also add me as a friend need some motivation :)
thanks

Replies

• jbudge1
    jbudge1 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Slim fast is like anything else, you need to count the calories. I don't think they are that satisfying unless you are having 1 as a snack or after a workout. I prefer to make my own meal replacement shakes from Whey.
  • 1derwhy
    1derwhy Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I don't follow the whole diet plan, but I do use the slim fast shakes for breakfast. They are convenient, I like the vanilla ones best, and make it easier to count calories. Plus, I can drink it in the car on the way to work.

I wasn't a breakfast eater until I learned that it helps to eat regular meals when you're trying to lose weight, so you don't binge eat when you get so hungry after not eating all day.
  • jpeterburs88
    jpeterburs88 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    i tried them... but they never filled me up... personally for me, eating healthy foods instead of subbing for a shake works for me but every one is different! Maybe check out slim fast website... maybe they have reviews from other people that tried them?? good luck!!
  • amfmmama
    amfmmama Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    I drink them for breakfast every work day. I am a teacher and start work really early. It is convienant t and the 10 gram of protein keep me pretty full until I have a snack around 10. I don't do the plan, I think I would get bored.
  • deniseg31
    deniseg31 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I don't take them on a daily basis but I do have a couple at work/home and at work in case I can't break away from work or I am in a rush then I'll drink one along with a fruit of some sort. I haven't had one in a couple of months.

Like the other MFP said...they aren't satisfying and I did have a friend that would drink them as her drink with her meal...LOL! :laugh:
  • stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    If you are really interested in doing a Protein drink, there are so many better ones on the market.

Premier Protein, Pure Protein & Muscle Milk Light are a few of the premade ones and they are lots more that come in powder form that you can make into a shake or a smoothie.

Lot for ones with 25grams or more of protein and watch the calories, fat and sugars.

They are a great meal replacement or just to increase your protein, remember with more protein you need to drink your water and eat your fiber!!!!

Best of Luck!
  • lloydmel
    lloydmel Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I love to drink slim fast shakes (I use the powder) and I put fruit blended in with it.
    I don't always use them as a meal replacement. If I'm low on calories and need a wholesome snack I'll try that. I feel like all the vitamins and minerals and potassium along with the protein and carbs are good for me to supplement my diet. I did use one for a lunch replacement today but I had a really late breakfast so I wasn't exactly hungry for a whole meal.
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    I lost 12lbs on the slimfast plan my first month. I go on and off it. Total I have lost 23 pounds. I'm back on the plan mostly right now so I'll see how much more I can lose.
  • dovesgate
    dovesgate Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    They were satisfying for me when I was relearning how to eat breakfast but that was all I used them for.

Could I be happy with one for breakfast now? Probably not.
  • 88keys
    88keys Posts: 8
    Options
    I prefer the slim fast shake powders that you can use to make your own shakes. It's lower in calories than the cans, and if you throw in some frozen fruit and use almond milk you can get a much more filling shake for around the same amount as the cans. I haven't used it in a while, but I think it's like 90 calories for a scoop of powder vs. the cans which are 190 each.

I always used the chocolate powder, and my all time favorite smoothie was a scoop of the powder (90 cal) a frozen medium banana (around 100 cal) and coffee which is basically calorie free! It is way more filling than the cans. Sometimes I would make a chocolate cherry one using the powder, frozen bing cherries, and almond milk. You can get pretty creative.

To me the powders are the best option. I think they come in chocolate and vanilla. Plus, it's cheaper!
  • hydranger
    hydranger Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I use it as a short, sharp shock. After a weekend of BBQ's and booze which would have sabotaged my diet I had 3 yesterday in place of all my meals and I'm back on track again, I wouldn't like to do it long term because I would miss eating but it works for me in the short term to get me back on track.