another question for the ladies ... :)

Hiya

I know that during your time of the month you can put on up to 5lbs of water weight, but just wondering if you go back to your original weight after you finish ??

:flowerforyou:

Replies

• dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    No it stays on and doesn't go anywhere, and your permanently 5 pounds heavier.

Of course it goes away.. and then it will come back the next month.. then go away, then come back. Like it's been doing the whole life of your cycle..
  • nowornever47
    nowornever47 Posts: 333 Member
    Hi, Absolutely! If you have a good eating/exercise week sometimes it'll even be a lb or 2 lbs down! It can be frustrating and take a little time but don't let it get you down, it definitely screws up the scale end of things - especially the week before for me... good luck and keep doing what you're doing, you'll see results!!
  • chelle_again
    chelle_again Posts: 7 Member
    Yep, as long as you keep doing what you always do. I don't think it's that much weight - the most mine changes is 500 grams (I think this is about 1lb) and it's just water retention.
  • No it stays on and doesn't go anywhere, and your permanently 5 pounds heavier.

Of course it goes away.. and then it will come back the next month.. then go away, then come back. Like it's been doing the whole life of your cycle..

I thought so, just checking. Ive never really watched my weight before especially around time of the month. Thanks :smile:
  • Charrah
    Charrah Posts: 60
    Hi

I find that it's usually gone the day after my period finishes, so I try not to weigh in until then!

xx
  • Luandanielle1979
    Luandanielle1979 Posts: 747 Member
    I can gain 3lbs easy during this time. It goes back to normal soon after though so not to worry. Its just mother nature kicking in I guess x
  • LTGPSA
    LTGPSA Posts: 633 Member
    I definitely don't record my weight during that time. :flowerforyou:
  • jiggs31
    jiggs31 Posts: 117
    I can fluctuate big time at this point - plus before MFP I used to eat waaaay more than I should that week too.

Thanks to MFP it hasn't happened since as I can regulate what I eat and not have a binge without knowing exactly what it would cost me weight-wise which stops me in my tracks.

During my last attempt at weight loss last year I managed to lose about a stone in a month by pounding the gym and then put 9lbs of it back on that week due to water retention and a major 'woe is me' fest. Instead of seeing what I obviously did wrong, I gave up.

Won't be doing any of that again!!! :)

If you do gain, keep going. It'll always fluctuate but you can keep it in check.
  • I didn't even know that :\

I always lose weight during that time because for the first two days I can't keep anything down.
  • MJ7910
    MJ7910 Posts: 1,280 Member
    i was freaking out last month b/c i thought i gained 3 lb.... nope, just water weight. it will go away! no worries