to weigh or not to weigh?

Options
hi everyone this is me back after a few hard weeks. i know in that time i've prob gained some weight. I'm wondering though if i shouldn't weigh myself today before i start back???
reasons to weigh..... i like to see my ticker go down each week
i'm little scared i have put on a lot and when i eventually stand on the scale i'll be my starting weight and feel disheartend cause i don't know how much i've lost.

reasons not to... i don't want to be totally caught up on thye whole scale thing..... help ideas please x

Replies

• engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    hi everyone this is me back after a few hard weeks. i know in that time i've prob gained some weight. I'm wondering though if i shouldn't weigh myself today before i start back???
    reasons to weigh..... i like to see my ticker go down each week
    i'm little scared i have put on a lot and when i eventually stand on the scale i'll be my starting weight and feel disheartend cause i don't know how much i've lost.

reasons not to... i don't want to be totally caught up on thye whole scale thing..... help ideas please x

i weigh in every couple of days just to see where i'm at, and enter the weight, either up or down. i love seeing that ticker go down, but seeing it go up lights a fire under my *kitten* that gets me going and trying to burn it all off.
  • chelle_again
    chelle_again Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Weigh yourself once a week and measure every 2-4 weeks - this is what I have always been told. What you will find is when that number doesn't move, your measurements will (if you are exercising and building muscle)

Initial weigh in is always a good slap in the face I reckon, whether it's been a month or a year 1 kg or 100kg. You need to be honest with yourself I think

:-)
  • fatlass70
    fatlass70 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Weigh in - just get the pain over with - it may not be as bad as you expect. Once it's done it's done and you know where you are and what to do about it.
  • emo1234
    emo1234 Posts: 13
    Options
    if it was me i wouldn't. I get rather disheartend and depressed if i see those scales go up, so i normally get right into exercising and eating good after a bad spell and then weigh myself a few days after. However i always wondered how much i weighed after my naughty breaks:tongue: .
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    I was scared to weigh again but found I had lost 3 lbs so was then glad I did!
  • benodie
    benodie Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    hey laura :) I think you should weigh yourself and get it over with, you are starting again after an awful few weeks . .u need to know where you are at. Your ticker will soon start coming down again and you may not have put on anything because of the stress . .just do it!! . .good luck hun :) x