How to stop picking!

Options
I tend to pick at food so when i go into my kitchen it's like i'll have a bit of crust of some bread or a couple of flakes of cereal. I think it's a learnt habit because my mum does it too, all the time but i was just wondering if anyone has any ideas as to how i can teach myself not to!

Replies

• farfalledibaciodinotte
    Options
    try popping in a piece of sugar free peppermint gum, or a piece of hard candy... grazing is just a habit.. and all habits can be broken :)
  • asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Put everything away behind cabinets doors. It might help that the foods are not directly available! Put a fruit bowl on the counter instead and fill it with "pick-friendly" fruit and veggies :)
  • suemar74
    suemar74 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I would also log it every time you pick...you can even set up your food log with a category just for picking so you can actually see how many calories it adds up to during the course of the day. It may help you think twice before you pop something in your mouth.
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    Just stop. That's it.

I know it sounds simple, and it is. But people hate simple.

Just stop.
  • spennato
    spennato Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Take every piece you pick, and put it on a plate, Once you see how much you are actually eating you will stop!! When I used to work in a restaurant the Spanish workers used to call me Aspiradora. Which means Vacuum cleaner, That is exactly how I used to pick on food all day. Like a vacuum cleaner!!!
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    if you bite it write it !, i used to pick but now i log it first and if it does not work with my calories for that day i don't have it! i have a glass of water instead , also though i have made my meals bigger so i don't want to pick.
  • stephraposo
    stephraposo Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Weigh/mesure every bit and then you'll see your calories go and you like it. Also it's very annoying to log everything
  • stephraposo
    stephraposo Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Weigh/mesure every bit and then you'll see your calories go and you like it. Also it's very annoying to log everything

And log it * and you won't* like it