Help!! I've put on 1lb!!!!!!!

Options
Im on my 4th week of this diet, my weigh-in was today and was horrified to discover I have put on 1lb! I have been good all week, not going over my calories and getting enough exercise! Any advice would be appreciated and any new friends would be great to help me along the way.

Replies

• LillyMosley
    Options
    Hi there, I am only on my second week, but it is normal to have slight weight fluctuations, I wouldn't worry about a pound here or there. Add me if you like :)
  • xSophia19
    xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    I wouldnt worry too much, its probably just water retention. Or too much sodium :)
  • healthyliving_girl
    healthyliving_girl Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    This has happened to me before, too. I started taking measurements (waist, neck, and hips) in order to really "see" if I am gaining weight.

I think a lot of times you may be either retaining water (due to more salty food intake or not drinking enough water) or you are gaining more muscle....

Don't sweat it! You'll get through it! :)
  • hyenagirl
    hyenagirl Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    You also retain water and build up glycogen store in your muscles when you start exercising and building muscle. Back in July I gained 6 lbs over night and it took about a month for all of that to come back off, but I was working my butt off for 2 hours a day (when the weight gain happened).
  • MrsCupCakeBoyle
    MrsCupCakeBoyle Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Hey ive put 2lb on this week im due on my period today.
    :0)
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Don't panic, in 6 months time you'll be able to look back and laugh at this :smile:

I know it seems like a big deal when you have been working hard to lose weight but the reality is that fluctuations are normal for all kinds of reasons.

The first time I put on weight I started charting my weight on a graph and its really encouraging to see that although there are dips and bumps in the line that it's steadily worked its way down. I also tried graphing my weight just once a month and that is a great exercise once you've been doing this a while - it takes away all the little fluctuations inbetween and shows you that you are doing well.

So, hang in there, if you keep eating well and exercising you will see the scale move down again soon.
  • 99Tinkerbell
    Options
    Don't stress over 1 lb. it could be a number of things. Wait a week and re-weigh.
  • jnmaddock
    jnmaddock Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about it. One day up next day down... I'm 5 weeks into a diet and although I weigh myself every day it's the weight every Friday I go by - I set my self 1lb a week target and last Friday (after 4 weeks) I had lost 6lbs. Today is Monday morning so I've put on a couple of pounds over the weekend but I'm not stressed about it. I know I'll be at least 7 pounds below my start weight by Friday...
    Good Luck!
    Add me a s friend if you like.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    Im on my 4th week of this diet, my weigh-in was today and was horrified to discover I have put on 1lb! I have been good all week, not going over my calories and getting enough exercise! Any advice would be appreciated and any new friends would be great to help me along the way.

1) patience
    2) toss out the scale
    3) read # 1 again
    4) measure yourself. sometimes you don't lose or even gain lbs. wise but still be losing inches overall and it's motivating to see that.
    5) read # 1 again
    6) remember it's not the end of the world if you gain 1 lb. I have gone a week were I gained 3-5 lbs but @ the end of the month I still lost more than what I gained that month.
    7) read # 1 again
  • caramkoala
    caramkoala Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Don't panic, in 6 months time you'll be able to look back and laugh at this :smile:

I know it seems like a big deal when you have been working hard to lose weight but the reality is that fluctuations are normal for all kinds of reasons.

The first time I put on weight I started charting my weight on a graph and its really encouraging to see that although there are dips and bumps in the line that it's steadily worked its way down. I also tried graphing my weight just once a month and that is a great exercise once you've been doing this a while - it takes away all the little fluctuations inbetween and shows you that you are doing well.

So, hang in there, if you keep eating well and exercising you will see the scale move down again soon.

OOooooOOOOoooo

MFP should have a funstion where you can see your weight on a graph.... like a ticker, but better!
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    Relax. You'll fluctuate. :tongue:
  • Teliooo
    Teliooo Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    I read this as 11 pounds. I wouldn't worry about a pound.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

baby_bathwater.jpg
  • richcat22
    Options
    Please don't give up....I have been struggling to see the scales go down for 2 weeks and finally today in dropped...not much but it some. Just do what you've been doing and it will pay off! Good luck!
  • Yooperm35
    Yooperm35 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    My weight fluctuates from 126-133 daily. I know i have not eaten over 24,000 (above my 1200/daily) calories to gain 7#, I probably haven't even eaten 24000 the whole WEEK ... So I chalk it up to water retention and kick up my water in take a bit. I don't stress about it, because I know it fluctuates so much
  • jseelim
    jseelim Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    please read the Links on General Diet and Weight Loss topic, there you will find out how our body enters the different phases.
  • tinkstia73
    tinkstia73 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all your advice, was very helpful. The funny thing is that I weighed myself yesterday and had lost 2lb! i had to make sure and weighed myself 3 times! yet today was my weigh-in day so i went by that and had put on a lb!
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options

OOooooOOOOoooo

MFP should have a funstion where you can see your weight on a graph.... like a ticker, but better!

It does! Go to the reports tab at the top of the screen!!