salad dressing

Options
what is a good salad dressing to use? I've always used Hidden Valley (Ranch) but it's really not so good for me....

But IDK what I "should" be using, or what is better to use.

Replies

• kiwi1855
    kiwi1855 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    If your store carries the "renee's gourmet" salad dressing, and you don't mind spending a bit more, I highly recommend them. Their raspberry vinagrette is absolutely amazing, and the blueberry/acai dressing isn't too bad either! I go through the raspberry pretty quick, because it's delicious on spinach salads (I add mandarin orange slices, strawberries or raspberries, and blueberries to the salad, plus almond slices if I need a few more calories in my day).
  • kyrstensmom
    kyrstensmom Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I like Wishbone Light Balsamic & Basil.
  • isabellammm
    isabellammm Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I just discovered this homemade dressing that is absolutely delicious... I used half a mango, a quarter lime juice, and like 5 leaves of basil. Put them all in the food processor and let it become "saucy." I did the same thing today except I used pineapple instead of mango. YUM
  • shesblossoming
    Options
    Hummus salad dressing from Trader Joe's (or make your own). Low in calories and sodium, and you can make it vegan if you like. Totally delicious, and I actually prefer it to other dressings.
  • I just discovered this homemade dressing that is absolutely delicious... I used half a mango, a quarter lime juice, and like 5 leaves of basil. Put them all in the food processor and let it become "saucy." I did the same thing today except I used pineapple instead of mango. YUM
    This sounds really good!
    first thought that came to my mind though (after "Hmm! I'll have to try that") was "I wander what it would taste like if instead of salad dressing, i just sprinkled lemon juice on the salad. haha
    now i want a salad! ahhh haha
  • cacraft
    cacraft Posts: 76
    Options
    Just fresh lemon juice.
  • krista896
    krista896 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I love french dressing, its higher in calories so instead of putting directly on my salad I put in as small dish and dip my fork in the dressing then stab my salad. It significantly cuts down on the amount of dressing without compromising on taste.
  • Hissweetheart
    Hissweetheart Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I really enjoy Bolthouse Farms dressings. They are made with yogurt. I have had the caesar and bleu cheese and they are good!
  • albinogorilla
    albinogorilla Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    ken's raspberry vinegrette, goes along way for 50 calories
  • pandasand
    pandasand Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I puree a fruit (like an apple, mango, pear, or banana) with some lemon juice or balsamic vinegar in my Vitamix and then pour it over the salad :) Low cal, fat free, tastes great!
  • RuthAne
    RuthAne Posts: 130
    Options
    -fresh lime juice
    -hummus
    -olive oil and balsamic vinegar
  • sherry_augustine
    sherry_augustine Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    fresh lemon juice
    fresh crushed/minced garlic
    1 tsp olive oil
    dash garlic powder
    dash onion powder
    dash white pepper
    dash natural seasoning blend
  • lh12xx
    lh12xx Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Any vinegary dressing is a winner for me! Sometimes I just drizzle red or white wine vinegar over salad. I love balsamic too, or vinegarette.
  • Fleur933
    Fleur933 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    My two favorites are Ken's ligth balsamic and Newman's Own 'lighten up' sundried tomato. Sooo Yummy! :)
  • mccullcra
    Options
    I eat a salad every day for work, and I always used salad dressing. I've now switched to salsa, as you can get 10x the amount for the same number of calories as 1tbsp of salad dressing! And it provides a ton of flavour in the salad!