Hi everyone

Options
Hi - I've been using this site for 4 weeks but only decided to say hello today. I started at 225lbs ~115kgs and I've targeted 1lb a week loss. I'm aiming to lose 55lbs so it will be a long-ish journey I guess.
I'm 46 and thinking as 50 approaches I should get back in shape... And it's about time I stopped looking like the pilsbury dough boy in my bike leathers! :)

Replies

• GFreg
    GFreg Posts: 404
    Options
    Hey! Yeah it will be a long journey but it will definitely be worth it. I have a long journey ahead of me as well but everyone here at MFP is helping me stay on track. Congrats on taking the first step.
  • rcmaross
    rcmaross Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Yeah it is a long journey but its worth it. I took most of the summer off from pedantically recording my calories and gained a few pounds. Having a tough time getting back into the groove, but it definitely makes a difference if you keep track of everything vs trying to add calories in your head.
  • Soozee123
    Options
    I started 6 months ago.........lost 10lb, gave up recording my calorie intake, and now here I am, fighting fat so to speak, ready to embark on a similar long haul journey again. This time I will be charging up the sat nav, it is so easy to get lost!!

Good luck to everyone, and remember, there is no such word as can't! Just the word how? Never give up , just take a break, it's a long journey, but you will get there, eventually.

PS how on earth do you get that tricky little ticker displayed????? Anyone??
  • jnmaddock
    jnmaddock Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I started 6 months ago.........lost 10lb, gave up recording my calorie intake, and now here I am, fighting fat so to speak, ready to embark on a similar long haul journey again. This time I will be charging up the sat nav, it is so easy to get lost!!

Good luck to everyone, and remember, there is no such word as can't! Just the word how? Never give up , just take a break, it's a long journey, but you will get there, eventually.

PS how on earth do you get that tricky little ticker displayed????? Anyone??

Hi,
    Go in to your profile (left hand menu on the home page) and it is there - there is a link underneath to add it.

P.S. - anyone who wants to a dd me as a friend... please go ahead.
  • Soozee123
    Options
    I am a bit PC agressive, so let's see if this works! Thanks anyway

5519975.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • Soozee123
    Options
    Yay!! Thanks John!
  • jnmaddock
    jnmaddock Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Yay!! Thanks John!