Pushy?

Iamfit4life
Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
Long story short significant other is trying to find a job here, so he can relocate.

It's a crappy economy he hasn't had an easy time. His industry has been hit pretty hard by the economy.

So I suggest he meet with a temp agency that specializes in his industry while he is here. He agrees but is noncommital. I called the agency to find out what is needed to set up this meeting.

Do I give him the info, do I let it be and not tell him the info because it seems pushy? Last week he was totally into the idea. Last night he had about the same excitement as he had for riding the cow train at the pumpkin patch.

lol
I don't want to seem pushy, but if you want to be here.....time to act!

Replies

• TMcBooty
    TMcBooty Posts: 780 Member
    just ask him if he's really interested in the temp agency and if so you will call and find out the info (even though you already have).
  • _beachgirl_
    _beachgirl_ Posts: 3,865 Member
    Tell him to *kitten* or get off the pot!
  • SkateboardFi
    SkateboardFi Posts: 1,322 Member
    i would keep the info handy, if he asks for it, then i'd give it to him, but if he doesn't mention it, then i wouldn't. just me though
  • SkateboardFi
    SkateboardFi Posts: 1,322 Member

lmao cuz THAT'S not pushy at all :bigsmile:
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Ask him if he wants you to call and get info..........
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member

Love that line from the movie The Bachelor!
  • Iamfit4life

lmao

You have no idea how close it's coming to this.

Thing is aside from college he's lived the same place all his life. Same place, same people.
    He says he wants to be here and start this family and I believe him... if he didn't

But I think he is subconciously resisting because it's such a huge change.
  • crb1988
    crb1988 Posts: 134 Member
    I would write it down and leave it on the kitchen counter. If he chooses to look at it and do something with it, great. If not, at least you tried.
  • Cat52169
    Cat52169 Posts: 277 Member
    I wouldn't give him the info. I say if he truly wants to move and find employment he will. He really needs to step up and do this on his own. You don't want to be "mothering" him for the rest of your life.
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Some guys have problems with follow through. I'd ask if he wants the info and leave it at that.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    With my husband - everything has to be his idea! I don't know if your SO is the same way. Sounds like it is time to have a good face to face talk with him to get your feelings out.
  • bouldert
    bouldert Posts: 225 Member
    go to a friends house and while you are there explain to your girlfriend while her husband is there and kinda incorprate him and let him man talk him into it ,so that it doesn't come from you .
  • glockster972
    glockster972 Posts: 704 Member

This!!
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Print out the info and give it to him with a picture of boobs or a plate of bacon. Boobs and bacon make everything better.
  • Iamfit4life
    the thing is we've discussed it.

And we both agreed it was a good idea.

I'm anxious for him to get a meeting set up, since he is only here once every few months.

I did make the call this morinng to see what I can do, because he has been very busy at work.
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Give him the info and explain that HE wanted to find a job there and HE thought the temp idea was a good one, so now HE has the information and HE can be the shot caller on how to proceed. So, basically all you did was the legwork for him. Easy peasy for him, IF he was sincere. (which I sincerely hope he was/is). Good luck!!
  • Sh1tsRainbows
    Sh1tsRainbows Posts: 1,227 Member

lmao

Thing is aside from college he's lived the same place all his life. Same place, same people.
    He says he wants to be here and start this family and I believe him... if he didn't

i was thinking maybe hes getting scared cause the move is becoming more real...
  • Iamfit4life

lmao

i was thinking maybe hes getting scared cause the move is becoming more real...

I agree. And if I had a choice, I'd move. In a minute. But I don't have a choice.
    I'm simply trying to take action, because I don't want to keep waiting for aspects of my life to start. As much as I know it is worth waiting for, it's taking a toll on me.
  • When I relocated, I went to a Temp Agency to find work while I lookded for a permanent job. Times were tough and I had a rough time finding a job, but I kept the temp job. I turned into a permanent job and I kept it for 20 years.

It's always easier looking for a job if you already have some form of employment, even if it's temporary, and, who knows?
  • Iamfit4life
    I gave him the info lmao

he says he doesn't find me pushy. I'm amused at all of this for some reason.