5 hour energy?

I just wanted to know who has tried it and how does it work for you. I have been tempting to give it a try but I don't know if it will be worth it.

Replies

• SkateboardFi
    SkateboardFi Posts: 1,322 Member
    i LOVE 5 hour energy..when i was working as a store manager for journeys, those little drinks would get me through a 12 hour shift easily!
  • i love 5 hour energy, it comes in handy especially whenever i have to be up at 4:40 and open at 6
  • kykykenna
    kykykenna Posts: 656 Member
    Yup....I like it! Never gives me the shakes or anything....but I have a rediculous tolerance to caffeine...LOL....Put them in the fridge if they make you pucker up when you drink them. Makes them taste better. Stacker makes one (can't remember name....sorry) that I like even better, though.
    Pomegranate is my fav. :)
  • anabell31
    anabell31 Posts: 268
    I haven't tried one since they first came out and I couldn't stand the taste. But I noticed in a gas station this weekend that they have several different flavors now, so maybe one of those is better? My brother and sister-in-law are both in the navy and live off them :)
  • Buddie616
    Buddie616 Posts: 167 Member
    LOVE THEM!!!!!
  • Hodar
    Hodar Posts: 338 Member
    Went to visit family in Washington DC and to see as many monuments as we could get in. If you haven't been there, the monuments are pretty much scattered over the city. You will walk several miles, plus the time you spend in the various Smithsonian museaums. We did this on 5 hours sleep - and with a single '5 Hour Energy' drink about 2 hours into our walk - the effect was unbelievable. I suspect it suppresses Seratonin, as it doesn't really spike blood sugar (wife is diabetic); but we had tons of energy, walked a lot, and felt really good.

Do not drink this after 6pm, if you intend to get any sleep that night. I'm a believer in this stuff.
  • snowfox92
    snowfox92 Posts: 100 Member
    Coffee has more caffeine in them than those 5 hour energy.
  • glockster972
    glockster972 Posts: 704 Member
    Never tried it, but the Energy 3000 Blaster is great, just like the commercials say. It fixes everything......lol
  • lor007
    lor007 Posts: 884 Member
    And best of all, it is healthy energy!
  • Schwiggs
    Schwiggs Posts: 222 Member
    It works....too well in my opinion. I'm no stranger to energy drinks or caffeine, but I get really uncomfortable and jittery (opposite of the ad) when I take 5 Hour Energy. Only take it when I really have to. Though, I could just have an adverse reaction to it.
  • Jranalli76
    Jranalli76 Posts: 6 Member
    I've only tried it once and i had a very bad reaction to it. A few hours after using it I got very dizzy and actually fainted, but that might have happened because I'm hypoglycemic and probably shouldn't have used it to begin with. Still l feel I need to warn people about my experience.
  • sarahi2009
    sarahi2009 Posts: 285 Member
    thanks for all the input I might give them a try before I do my work out today and see what happens. I also have a high tolerance for Caffeine or any kind of product like that. I guess it's worth the shot!
  • i drank 2 once...my hands turned blue, u could see my heart beating out of my chest and i was foggy LOL havent drank one since
  • DreamyDancer5
    DreamyDancer5 Posts: 2 Member
    I LOVE the 5 hr drinks! No shakes or jittery feeling.. They are cheaper at Sam's when you buy in bulk. Store em in ur fridge. Great for exercising or just putting a lil pep in your step for daily activities! :)
  • I see some love it and others prefer coffee. Some strong coffee works just as well and is cheaper when you buy instant or brew it in the long haul. I've done research on it myself and a cup of coffee has about 200 mg of caffinee, more if you make it stronger. I have used it and no crash, but I get more effect out of coffee than the 5 hour drink.
  • Juliebean_1027
    Juliebean_1027 Posts: 713 Member
    I just wanted to know who has tried it and how does it work for you. I have been tempting to give it a try but I don't know if it will be worth it.

They worked for me! I drove straight through from Michigan to Florida (after working a 10 hour day) and these little puppies helped keep me awake. I was obviously tired once I got there and slept like the dead for a couple of hours, but I think they work really well. I hate the taste of energy drinks, but this wasn't like that at all. The berry one is my favorite. And I like them chilled. :drinker:
  • bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    I tried it a couple weeks ago to see if it would help give me a little energy since I've been feeling fatigued lately. It didn't work for me and actually made me feel foggy, dizzy and tired. I'll stick to coffee from now on. :)
  • sunshinestorm
    sunshinestorm Posts: 81 Member
    Two cups of coffee gets me jittery but the 5 hour energy just kept me up and alert. I liked it for that reason, I am pretty sensitive to caffeine and I tend to get headaches when I've had caffeine. I've only had it once but I personally wouldn't make a habit out of it.