every time a weekend comes I lose all the work I've done

Options
So each time the weekend comes, my schedule is so different and I am not logging foods or working out.
When I get back to the computer on Monday to log what I ate so I can see how many calroies I've gone over... I go over my calories by so many that I know I've ruined any progress I made during the week.

How can I break this cycle?!!:sad:

Replies

• snowbune27
    snowbune27 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    So each time the weekend comes, my schedule is so different and I am not logging foods or working out.
    When I get back to the computer on Monday to log what I ate so I can see how many calroies I've gone over... I go over my calories by so many that I know I've ruined any progress I made during the week.

How can I break this cycle?!!:sad:
  • naner
    naner Posts: 110
    Options
    try writing down what your cal intake is. hope that helps. good luck:flowerforyou: and have a great weekend:smile:
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Just break it..you have the control and the choice. I know thats not much help but saying anything less would be giving you an reason to not take control. Log before you eat even if its on a notepad.
  • mstanley
    mstanley Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. I do try to log my food on the weekend, but I don't have the same routine and I always seem to go over. I don't have enough will power to stick with the food I should be eating. I also don't get my work outs in the way I should either. If you figure out a solution for this, pass it on.
  • megancolleen
    Options
    It is tough on the weekends.. I usually forget to log on the weekends as well!! But i try to plan out my weekend as much as possible... for example I know tonight I am going to houlihan's with my girl friends for my birthday so I already planned out what I am going to eat and how many calories it is.. TOmmorow my boyfriend is taking me to habaci (my favorite) for my birthday so I already logged that for tommorow and I will be extra careful in the day!
  • cgrant71
    cgrant71 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have the same challenge...weekends bring family/friend obligations and events that include alcohol and munchies...We all know the generic, drink water in between drinks and resist the really bad foods by eating the healthier choices...yada yada yada...but when you are in the moment, it is not so easy...

I find myself going over by at least 1-2 hundred calories on weekends...so far my solution has been to make sure I get in a major workout, i.e. step class and weights, to burn enough calories that I don't go over as much...I'm sure that is not the right solution because I keep going over, but that's what is keeping me from going up...I might be staying the same, but I'm not gaining...

I also have problems because my boyfriend and his daughter often have pizza and junk food in the house, which is brutal because you can only resist for so long...
  • snowbune27
    snowbune27 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for you advice... I will try writing on a notepad...

I just try to avoid doing this site at home (I log at work) becuase my fiance is not supportive of me trying to lose weight.

he doesn't understand that I want to do this so I feel better about myself... he thinks that because he likes the size I am, it means that I should stay this way for him... I am happy that he thinks my body is beautiful, but still... I am unfomfortable in my skin

I've digressed... anyway, I will keep a notepad with me.

Thank you!
  • thejarviclan
    thejarviclan Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Try this - whatever you're about to eat all weekend...halve it. Only eat half of everything! Leave something on your plate at every meal and you should be fine.

You know it's happening, so stop it! :laugh:
  • Phoenixflame
    Phoenixflame Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    WHOA girl!

You should NEVER feel like you have to lose weight on the sly. What's he going to do when you do lose the weight? I'm sorry if I sound forward, but you shouldn't feel like you have to sneak in your journal entries.

As for weekends...sorry cupcake, it comes down to belief. I have crazy weekends too and never go over. You just have to be vigilant, or choose your indulgences wisely. Like, have a cookie, skip the brownie. You have to break the cycle, and nothing can magically do that for you.
  • 1Corinthians13
    1Corinthians13 Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    Weekends are TOUGH! Very tough for me, so I totally understand. I feel like I gain weight on the weekends to lose it again the next week.

Find someone to hold you accountible for workouts on the weekends. That's what I'm doing. And just really, really try to make good choices and to log everything. When I really make an effort instead of just...throwing caution to the wind...I do okay. Good luck!
  • coronalime
    coronalime Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    it was and is my curse (and also after dinner eating)
    I literally work out 1-2 x a day with 1 off day and I sat around like Why am I losing NOTHING...Its the weekend for me!!!
    So for these last 2-3 weeks I have COMMITTED to plugging it all in and I have lost 3 pds. I have gone over but not nearly as much as I would have and not as many days. Plus on that 1st week I plugged it all in day by day and was like WOAH>>so each weekend has improved!
    On the weekends "sneak" a workout in...Go for a walk on a trail, bike ride, rollerblade something fun. Or just get down and do 100 situps and 100 pushups and call it a day..
  • JJeMitchell
    JJeMitchell Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    That's exactly what I do. My husband loves going to Chipotle and donut places, etc. on weekends, and now I just have half of everything, or just 1 donut, and it has really helped. Get a big glass of water or some other low-calorie drink to go with all the food and you'll fill up faster! :)