Hey, y'all! :)

Options
Hi there! :)

I'm a new kid in town and wanted to say 'hi' and introduce myself.

So Hi & here goes....

The name's Cassie. I'm 28, live in south Georgia, work full time and have two young kids.

I'll just give you a quick rundown on the situation over my way....

"healthy" as we like to call it down here in the South, as a kid. Steadily lost weight as I got older, particularly when I hit my growth spurt. I was actually pretty skinny from the time I was about 16 until I started having babies @ the age of 21. I was that typical girl who was almost "too" skinny but thought I was fat (5'6, 125 lbs).

I went back to my pre-baby weight immediately after I had my 1st child, but apparently, things change (OMG, no one told me that!) after you have kids and I steadily put on weight. I weighed approximately 160 lbs when I got pregnant with my 2nd child a year after I had my 1st. Walked in to have the 2nd child weighing 208, thought "oh, no big, I'll lose a big portion of that after I give birth" Nope! Not at all!

Did Weight Watchers and lost about 13 lbs, then just got lazy and quit. That's a typical pattern for me. I tend to quit. A lot! :noway: Found out about MFP though a blog I follow and have had the app on my iPhone for forever, but just within the last two weeks started to use it.

Found the website and message boards and here I am :)

So far, so good. Lost a few pounds, so hopefully that trend will continue :)

Replies

• jamiesadler
    jamiesadler Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Hey. What part of Georgia. I used to live down there. Good luck to you!
  • CJK1959
    CJK1959 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Good luck Cassie...this site is amazing with really supportive people! Add me if you want.
    Carol
  • TheCats_Meow
    TheCats_Meow Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    coastal area, down around Savannah! Thank you! :smile:
  • RollinDawg
    RollinDawg Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Good Luck Cassie. I'm in Georgia too, right outside of Atlanta but have relatives down in South GA and I love it down there.
  • Luandanielle1979
    Luandanielle1979 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    You go girl this is a great place. I hope you do really well. You can add me if you want a buddy.
  • TheCats_Meow
    Options
    Good Luck Cassie. I'm in Georgia too, right outside of Atlanta but have relatives down in South GA and I love it down there.

Thanks :) Yeah, I'm not originally from here, but have lived in this area for almost 6 years. Savannah is definitely interesting and has a lot to offer for a history buff like myself :)
  • TheCats_Meow
    Options
    You go girl this is a great place. I hope you do really well. You can add me if you want a buddy.

Thanks on both counts :) Will do, buddies are always nice :)
  • czechsmate
    czechsmate Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Hi Cassie and welcome! You will love it here....so much support and motivation! Savannah is beautiful, visited a couple of years ago and can't wait to make another visit. Feel free to add me as a friend :flowerforyou:
  • Krisengel
    Krisengel Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site! Feel free to add me as a buddy if you want. I've just gotten back with the site after a huge break. You sound like me, I stick with something for a while and then I quite. I'm hoping this time will be different. I'm trying to make healthy choices that will stick as habits! Good luck on your journey.
  • Blinx99
    Blinx99 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    good luck and keep going x
  • TheCats_Meow
    Options
    Welcome to the site! Feel free to add me as a buddy if you want. I've just gotten back with the site after a huge break. You sound like me, I stick with something for a while and then I quite. I'm hoping this time will be different. I'm trying to make healthy choices that will stick as habits! Good luck on your journey.

It's definitely an eye-opener when you're logging your food and see how many calories you actually just wasted and, honestly, aren't all that full! Makes you think more about your choices so that's always a good thing for me :)

Good luck with your journey as well! :smile:
  • TheCats_Meow
    Options
    good luck and keep going x

Thank you! :smile: You, too!!
  • kate2100
    Options
    How do i add you as a friend on here? Nice to meet you, im new too!
  • RollinDawg
    RollinDawg Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Savannah is beautiful, and has a ton of great places to eat when I get to visit (ok, let's pretend I didn't say that last part...LOL).
  • TheCats_Meow
    Options
    How do i add you as a friend on here? Nice to meet you, im new too!

Click on my picture. It will take you to my profile, then to the right, there's a button that says "add as friend" or something similiar :)

Yay for newbie's :bigsmile: good luck on your journey as well!!
  • TheCats_Meow
    Options
    Savannah is beautiful, and has a ton of great places to eat when I get to visit (ok, let's pretend I didn't say that last part...LOL).

Heeeyyy, that's a good one! I can add Savannah and it's plethora of good food to my list of excuses as to why I'm fat! HAHA Heck, who can blame me! Almost everywhere in the South has good food and I've been in the South my whole life!

Hmm...it may work :wink: