P90x (new to it)

Options
Can you guys tell me about doing the program?

My boyfriend and I found it brand new at a garage sale brand new with the bands for 5 dollars and I would like to do it :)

Replies

• Krazates
    Options
    Good program...do it. Bring it.
  • Codacarol
    Codacarol Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey you will enjoy it, it is intense but you will have fun doing it and be happy with what you see, My husband and i just started doing it and we enjoy it but we are sore.
  • HeatherMarie1174
    Options
    I agree - you should do it. I'm on my second go around ... :smile:
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    It is very difficult and will help push your physical and mental limits and it works.
  • jamielyn1369
    jamielyn1369 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Wow, I paid over $120 for mine! It is intense! I only did it for 2 weeks before I started my new shift at the hospital and couldn't fit 1.5 hours in on the days I work. But for those 2 weeks, I did lose almost 10 lbs and was able to do 5 pullups and about 25 pushups just after 2 weeks!!!!!!!!! Good luck and if you need any help (or if they didn't give you the book too) I can either email you or can copy the book and mail it to you!
  • wolfcounty
    Options
    absolutely do it! and def buy it! thats an insane deal. you will see such great results from it. i honestly give it credit for changing my life and my entire outlook on fitness. i did my 90 days of that and am two weeks from finishing up the insanity program now. its hard, but you just gotta do what you can and push and it will pay off!
  • Moofey
    Moofey Posts: 444
    Options
    Can you guys tell me what the diet is for the first few weeks? That is the only thing I do not have.
  • mguinn01
    Options
    I love P90X. I did it for 90 days. Now I am doing the Advanced P90X just 3 days a week because I want to start running 5Ks again. I only lost 10 pounds because I still like to eat way too much! I have at least 30 pounds to lose. So I am trying to get my eating under control while I keep working out. I want to order the 'new' P90X that will be available in January. I love to Bring it. I love that I can do pull ups and men's push ups now when I didn't use too. It is great! Bring it!!! Do your best and forget the rest!
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Can you guys tell me what the diet is for the first few weeks? That is the only thing I do not have.

Diet guide suggests a minimum of 1800 caloires, for smaller people on the program. You don't have to net 1800, but don't eat less than 1800 total calories. Phase 1 (4 weeks) is a diet that is high on protein
    weeks 1-4 50% protein, 30% carbs, 20% fat
    weeks 5-8, 40% protein, 40% carbs, 20% fat
    Weeks 9-12, protein 20%, carbs 60%, fat 20%
  • speedyme
    speedyme Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I'm going to be starting this today! I've been doing boot camp since June and thought i would give P90X a try! Is there anyone starting today? Would like to join a support group if so.
  • Moofey
    Moofey Posts: 444
    Options
    Yeah! That would be great! Thank's everyone for your great answers!