Food Addicts in Recovery

Options
Is anyone else out there doing the Food Addicts in Recovery program?

Replies

• WordToYourMamma
    Options
    What? I never heard of that, but I am totally addicted to food. For reals.
  • Marig0ld
    Marig0ld Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    Never heard of it but sounds interesting....is it the same things as Overeaters Anonymous? I went to a few OA meetings, but to be honest they kinda weirded me out. Just wasn't for me. However, I wish you much success!
  • brimir
    Options
    I have B- ED. I complusivly eat or binge wat, I took a program through my counselling center called towards balance eating.

are you having struggling right now?
  • catlover98611
    catlover98611 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I am an active member of the Food Addicts in Recovery program in my area, which is WA state...... I have lost 68 pounds since joining them in Nov of 2010 and have been about 101 to 103 for a couple of months now..... add me if you want, ask me questions also
  • lfolkman
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I'm sorry it's taken me so long to get back to everyone.

@catlover98611--so good to know I have an FA friend out there. I weighed in this a.m. and since June 7, 2011, I have lost a total of 53.6 pounds and going strong. My journey has been one of discovery that's for sure! I have a great sponsor and I really try to just take things one-day-at-a-time. Congrats on your weight loss!

@brimir--I struggle every day but FA gives you the tools to get through the hard moments. Good luck as you go through your counseling center...I'll send happy thoughts your way!-:D

@Marig0ld--It's probably similar to OA, however, FA is a program of attraction--we don't advertise like OA. The program is strictly kept to those who attend FA. It has made such a positive difference in my life.

@WordtoYourMam--FA is a 12-step program for food addicts. If you are interested in going to a meeting there is probably a group in your area...google Food Addicts in Recovery and on their website you should be able to look-up a meeting in your area.

Take care everyone and good luck!
    L