After Workout Burnout

Options
Why do I feel like crap after working out. I just want to curl up on the couch and nap. Am I doing something wrong? It really makes me want to give up. I keep telling myself once I get used to it I will feel great but I'm struggling to get there:(3351930.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• Jacquelyn913
    Jacquelyn913 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Interesting, usually I feel really good and pumped up after a workout. Maybe you're not eating enough? Or are you overdoing it at the gym?
  • jamiesadler
    jamiesadler Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    are you eating before you exercise? I find if I eat a good meal with lots of protein and good carbs I feel much better after I work out.
  • elzettel
    elzettel Posts: 256
    Options
    What are you eating to fuel your body for the workouts? If I'm not eating enough (or the right things) I tend to crash and burn. You could check out nutrition articles at active.com...they have helpful tips. It may take some tweaking to figure out what works best for you but hang in there...it is worth it!
  • shaj316
    shaj316 Posts: 161
    Options
    There are days when I feel wiped out too but most days I feel pretty good. What do you do to workout and how long? Are you eating enough? It takes energy to spend energy on exercise...
  • NemesisJRM
    NemesisJRM Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Why do I feel like crap after working out. I just want to curl up on the couch and nap. Am I doing something wrong? It really makes me want to give up. I keep telling myself once I get used to it I will feel great but I'm struggling to get there:(3351930.png

Try increasing your protein intake post workout and having a balance of carbs and protein, pre workout.
    If your body doesn't have enough energy you will hit a post workout crash like this.
    Protein is fast access energy, and aids muscle repair and growth.
    Carbs give you sustained, slower release energy to keep you going through out your day,
  • dragonflybird
    Options
    Eat some protein. If you don't have the time, eat a small handful of Almonds.
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Can you give us a run-down of your weekly workouts with duration and effort?

If you're not overdoing it, you may not be eating or sleeping enough, or you might need to schedule in a (or another) rest day.
  • Lyft4Life
    Lyft4Life Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the tips. I generally workout twice a day. Mostly Zumba in the morning and a brisk walk in the afternoon. Most of these workouts are done on an empty stomach and I snack afterwards, maybe I should have a small snack beforehand and see if that works.:yawn: 3351930.png
  • NemesisJRM
    NemesisJRM Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the tips. I generally workout twice a day. Mostly Zumba in the morning and a brisk walk in the afternoon. Most of these workouts are done on an empty stomach and I snack afterwards, maybe I should have a small snack beforehand and see if that works.:yawn: 3351930.png

Try not to eat directly before or you'll be sick, should always stop eating at least an hour before your workout. The first hour after your workout is when your body is primed to take in nutrients, proteins and electrolytes try get a protein boost directly after your session. Either eat some chicken, or drink a whey protein shake. It will speed your recover and reduce your risk of a crash. If you find yourself getting headaches etc during your workout, you need to eat carbs and protein before it, IE Pasta, Rice and then some Chicken or Fish.... Eggs are another great source of Protein, as your working out in the morning, I'd have a Breakfast of like scrambled eggs on wholemeal toast, with a hand full of almonds, High protein, Some Carb's and some good fats. This should help :-D