Breakfast Help!!

Options
Hello all,

I am in search of some tasty quick, filling, and healthy breakfasts to make before I head off to work. I usually just grab a Nutrigrain bar and eat it in my car but that's getting old quick and isn't very filling. I welcome any and all ideas and recipes. Thanks!

Replies

• rbryntes
    rbryntes Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    I like crumbling a granola bar into a container of yogurt.
  • blakeman187
    Options
    oats are always a good idea. If you don't like the taste then mix in some cinnamon or honey.
    Greek yogurt mixed with fruit is great as well.
  • GHSub
    GHSub Posts: 4
    Options
    Chobani yogurt is a good one and it comes individual (170 calories and 12-14 grams of protein)
    Another good one is the slim fast shakes. However I recommend the ones you mix yourself (the can ones are not as good) and I usually put a little extra milk in it. It gives it a few more calories but it is a little more filling.
  • idauria
    idauria Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    I drink smoothies for breakfast just about every day. You can even take it with you in a portable cup. I blend 1 scoop of protein powder, 1 cup of unsweetened almond milk, 1 tbs peanut butter or almond butter, 1 handful of baby spinach and sometimes 1/2 cup frozen blueberries. I add a handful of ice cubes and blend. Delicious, nutritious, and fills me up until lunch.
  • aWashCloth
    aWashCloth Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I usually have the Nestle Carnation - Breakfast Anytime! Put it with milk and it gets you a lot of what you need in the morning. Its a drink you can get in chocolate, vanilla and I think strawberry, add 1% milk to it, its 255 calories in the morning!
  • alimac92
    alimac92 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    :tongue: Boiled egg sandwiches, stinky but nice.
  • melissabee31
    Options
    At first, this sounded weird to me, but now I love it!

1 frozen waffle - I use Van's organic waffles (115 cal)
    1 tbsp peanut butter (100 cal)
    a little bit of honey (not even a tbsp) (30 cal)
    half a banana (50 cal)
    some cinnamon

Put the peanut butter on the waffle, top with honey, banana, and sprinkle cinnamon over the whole thing. It's filling, a little bit sweet, has some protein, and it's easy. Enjoy!
  • abeachlady
    Options
    Low fat cottage cheese with blueberries. Hard boiled egg. Scrambled egg on bagel thin with a slice of tomato.
  • avaloneternal
    Options
    Search pumpkin protein bars in the recipe database. I made them last night and portioned them out to grab and go. Less calories than a nutrigrain, more filling and much cheaper... WIN :)
  • jodiekm
    jodiekm Posts: 12
    Options
    If I'm working I eat a banana and drink a 30 calorie can of low sodium V8 juice. That way I get a fruit and vegetable. It holds me til lunch.
  • alexa_image
    alexa_image Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I have Shakeology with a banana and one spoon of peanut butter for breakfast every morning.
    The healthiest meal of my day. and help me lose weight and give me energy.
    Awesome!!!!
  • rainunrefined
    rainunrefined Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    I drink smoothies for breakfast just about every day. You can even take it with you in a portable cup. I blend 1 scoop of protein powder, 1 cup of unsweetened almond milk, 1 tbs peanut butter or almond butter, 1 handful of baby spinach and sometimes 1/2 cup frozen blueberries. I add a handful of ice cubes and blend. Delicious, nutritious, and fills me up until lunch.

This is awesome! You can even add some oats (rolled oats or quick cook - just add them plain, uncooked).. if it were me I would sub the spinach for oats. Not too such I'd want those together. I also make breakfast burritos (eggs, cheese, spinach, mushroom, chicken - whatever you like) in a tortilla, pita, or a Flat Out wrap. Or an english muffin (whole wheat) with egg/cheese/ham sandwich (you can make these burritos and sandwiches ahead to eat throughout the week).
  • mardavlais
    mardavlais Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Steel Cut Oats. Add cinnamon & a little "light" Smart Balance with Flax seed oil. If you need to eat something sweet, add a few raisins OR organic honey (not too much). This breakfast is very filling, imo.
  • SoSwank
    SoSwank Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Ezekial english muffin with sugar free jam, and a serving of fruit. Fulfills a protein and fruit serving. :) keeps me full til lunch
  • cassiopeia1975
    Options
    Ive been having those Belvita Breakfast Biscuits (honey & nut) with some fruit (usually a banana or some strawberries) a low fat yoghurt and a cup of tea. As recommended on the pack. Its really filling and you can change what you have by changing the fruit & the flavour of the belvita thingys.

At weekends i have a GRILLED breakfast of 1 sausage, 2 bacon, 1 egg, mushrooms and 1 hash brown & 2 plum tomatoes --- i used to fry it all but grilling is much healthier (less fatty) and i dont feel like im missing out.... I dont have toast with it any more either.
  • JNettie73
    JNettie73 Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options

I second this. I just started making smoothies. I use .5 cup of greek yogurt and blend with fruits of your choice. I add a splash or two of water to thin it out so I can drink through a straw.

Here is the recipe I made for today's smoothie:
    1 ripe banana
    1/2 cup of Stonyfield Greek Yogurt (vanilla)
    3/4 cup of Dole frozen mixed fruit (peach, mango, strawberry and pineapple)
    and a splash of water. (didn't measure just slowly added to I got the right consistency)

Put the ingredients into a blender and mix until smooth then slowly add in the water. I am sure you could add milk if you wish.
  • zingeber
    zingeber Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Protein shakes. One Muscle milk shake keeps me full so much longer than a SlimFast shake. If you like, there are an infinite number of ways to make your own shakes or gourmet style hot drinks with protein powders, flavored syrups, and a little creativity. A (vanilla flavored) protein caramel macchiato is shockingly delicious! My mom has lost lots of weight and this is one of the tools she has used. I'm too new to it to tell you if it works for me yet though! Good luck :-)
  • feasterm
    Options
    Here are 2 options I like

Option 1: Quaker, Instant Oatmeal, Lower Sugar, Maple Brown (120 Calories)
    With a 90 calorie Special-K, Cereal Bar

Option 2: Dannon 90 Calorie yogurt. Many good flavors.
    Fresh Fruit (10 Small Strawberries 22 calories) (1 cup of water melon 45 Calories)
  • kaetmarie
    kaetmarie Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    At first, this sounded weird to me, but now I love it!

1 frozen waffle - I use Van's organic waffles (115 cal)
    1 tbsp peanut butter (100 cal)
    a little bit of honey (not even a tbsp) (30 cal)
    half a banana (50 cal)
    some cinnamon

Put the peanut butter on the waffle, top with honey, banana, and sprinkle cinnamon over the whole thing. It's filling, a little bit sweet, has some protein, and it's easy. Enjoy!

This is my favorite!
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Hardboiled eggs, Kind bars (more filling than nutrigrain, Jimmy Dean Eggwhite Croissant Sandwiches (surprisingly good). Also, McDonald's Egg McMuffin, hold the cheese.