Would anyone like to share any weight loss tips?

Finding hard to shift some weight, :grumble:
So maybe people could share some tips on what they thinks works?
Be good to see everyones ideas :)

Jade :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Maintain a consistent caloric deficit, don't stress over meal times, food choices etc. eat foods you like, burn more then you take in and you'll lose weight
  • ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Be Consistant!

Eat Tons of Veggies

Eat lean protein
  • Jesung
    Jesung Posts: 236 Member
    Have a planned cheat day once a week where you eat at your maintenance level.
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    eat your exercise calories LOL......
  • xxrainxx
    xxrainxx Posts: 44 Member
    Hi Love :smile:
    So what works for me is not eating after 6 and limiting carbs for my dinner time i use miracle noddles no calories or carbs only fiber so it fills me up :wink:
    Ive also started going to the gym in the morning doing cardio and then going after work for some weights and i find im not that hungry after so i dont eat a lot :wink:
    I like the saying eat the a king for Breakfast, a Queen for Lunch and a Pauper for Dinner
    Also loads of water and green tea :wink:
    And at the weekend i now have vodka and diet 7up instead of wine/beer and on the weekend i think exersice is important so even try go for a walk :wink:
    Last year i lost a stone and only from going to the gym 6 days a week its all about exercice for me to lose weight :happy:
  • Water, water, water! Keep your body guessing, and include strength training in your routine, not just cardio.
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Maintain a consistent caloric deficit, don't stress over meal times, food choices etc. eat foods you like, burn more then you take in and you'll lose weight

^^ This
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    If you've never been tested for allergies, consider it. I lost weight avoiding the foods I'm allergic to, exercising both cardio and lifting heavy, and eating at a deficit. acg and I have one thing that's worked differently for each of us, I have to be careful of the types of foods that I eat, the more raw, organic, etc the better results I got (not saying I don't still eat ice cream, but I have to pick and chose my battles).
  • Change up your exercise routine. Doing the same thing over and over, your body gets lazy. So to keep the weight moving, bike instead of running, or add/intensify your strength training, start doing intervals on your cardio, or try some circuit training routines.

And make sure you're eating enough for the exercise you do. Eating too little can cause your body to hold on to fat/water weight, so don't starve yourself!
  • Melis25Fit
    Melis25Fit Posts: 811 Member
    Don't stress. ( I still have to remember this.)
    The longer it takes, the more imbedded in your lifestyle this will become.
    It didn't take you 3 months to put on the weight, don't expect it to come off as quickly.
    You are your best and worst friend during this time.
    Eat less processed, more natural foods.
    It's OK to have a treat once in awhile.
    Know what your temptations are and how to control your urges.
    Make time for yourself.
    Enjoy your workouts. If you go into them dreading them- chances are you'll just go thru the motions not giving it your all.
  • Also, I completely agree with above posters that say eat back at LEAST half of your exercise calories and eat maintenance one day. I always eat 2000-2300 calories (of healthy food) on my rest day.
  • 1. Track EVERYTHING you eat. EVERY day.

I was shocked to discover how much I was eating calorie-wise. I'm up to 80 days straight of logging in and tracking. By far this has been the greatest key to my success.

2. Momentum matters.

The hardest thing to do is to begin. The easiest thing to do is to continue. (The first week was the worst)

3. Think in terms of six months to a year.

Do not select "lose 2 lbs per week." You will get discouraged and cheat or quit.

4. You are no different from anyone else on this board. If we can do it, you can too!
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Besides tracking calories...

Fill up on veggies. I have either a salad with vinegar dressing or a giant pile of veggies with dinner (like celery sticks or a cup of steamed broccoli). I eat it first, then by the time I'm done eating the "good food" I'm so impossibly full. It feels awesome and I feel much less deprived. I should mention I hate veggies, so it works well enough that I'm willing to eat them.
  • siabevis
    siabevis Posts: 811
    Eat clean. Drink water. Sleep 8 hours a day. Morning workouts. :)
  • kimmerc1331
    kimmerc1331 Posts: 40 Member
    If you go over your calories for the day...take a look at your weekly chart. Sometimes, its good to zigzag your calories.
  • catlover98611
    catlover98611 Posts: 38 Member
    What helps for me is to write down before bedtime what I will have the following day, then sticking to it. And organization... I have several containers in my fridge--meats in one, cooked veggies in one, potatoes in one, rice in one, lettuce in one, chopped veggies in one, and a big bowl of fresh fruit on the table. Before I leave in the morning, I make my meal for the day and take it if I will be gone for any reason.
  • Dtrmnd86
    Dtrmnd86 Posts: 406 Member
    Make sure to drink enough water and the fresher the food, the better. I haven't had fast food in over a month and now just thinking about all that fat and grease makes me disgusted. I also found working out first thing in the morning, before eating, works best for me. It also helps me not eat too much during the day. And log every little thing you put into your mouth. And, of course, I'm a big believer in a cheat day (or 2) as long as you stick to your calories and exercise the other days.
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    I couldn't shift weight for over a year.. i dropped bread, wheat based cereals and pasta from diet and reduced rice and potatoes to once a week and I've starting losing.
  • violon
    violon Posts: 74 Member
    bumping this
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,372 MFP Moderator
    What i live by is muscle burns fat and food is fuel. Lift heavy so you fail at 12 ish reps and eating the proper amount of calories is just as important as the types of calories. And under eating can be as bad as over eating.