Night Out Drinking...What day do you post calories?

Options
I know this is a crazy question, but if you go out around 11 PM (as most people in New York do on weekends) and have drinks....and end up out until 3 AM, am I posting these alcohol calories to the day I actually went out or half to the day I went out and half the following day? 3AM is technically the next day.

Replies

• SlimSadieG
    SlimSadieG Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    If I haven't been to bed...same day.
  • thetrishwarp
    thetrishwarp Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    If I haven't been to bed...same day.

same
  • papa5280
    Options
    Wow, I feel old. I haven't had that problem to deal with in 20 years. :yawn: :drinker: :yawn:
  • BethanieK
    BethanieK Posts: 201
    Options
    I do same day, because you haven't got any rest yet.
  • lor007
    lor007 Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    You can do it whichever way you prefer, just stay consistent.
  • Mrswheels01
    Mrswheels01 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I would do it the same day.
  • kobrie17
    kobrie17 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    ^ agreed! you need all the calories the next day to soak up all those drinks. i log all the walking and dancing to make up for all the empty calories!
  • melissabee31
    Options
    Same day, if you even log them! Good for you for logging them. Usually when I go out anywhere, I quietly "forget" to log my drinks... lol
  • Nanadena
    Nanadena Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Wow, I feel old. I haven't had that problem to deal with in 20 years. :yawn: :drinker: :yawn:

Me either!!!!:bigsmile:
  • staceyseeger
    staceyseeger Posts: 783 Member
    Options

Me, neither!!!!
  • Blackthorne99
    Blackthorne99 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I know this is a crazy question, but if you go out around 11 PM (as most people in New York do on weekends) and have drinks....and end up out until 3 AM, am I posting these alcohol calories to the day I actually went out or half to the day I went out and half the following day? 3AM is technically the next day.

For me, I post them on the calendar day in which they occurred. If I go out Friday night, and have a drink at 1am - that's 1am Saturday.

But - I also have my "meal categories" set up as:

Midnight Snack
    Breakfast
    Lunch
    Mid-Afternoon
    Dinner
    Evening

So a drink at 11pm would be "evening", a second drink at 1am would be "midnight snack, so it's easy for me to visually separate late night eating from 'breakfast" or "dinner". Since I have insomnia, and it's not unusual for me to eat in the middle of the night, I prefer to track this way so I can track my HABITS as much as my INTAKE.
  • Banks01
    Banks01 Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    I would call me to MEET you out and we'd discuss it over Petrone shots!
  • eddiegirll
    Options
    My opinion, be as honest as you can. How hard is it to log what was eaten or drank for that day, then put the drinks or whatever after midnight, for the next morning??
    I don't find anything wrong with keeping the numbers where they belong! And to that, you just do the best that you possible can.

5'4"
    234----Started Sept. 5, 2011
    Sept. 12, 2011
    Sept. 19, 2011
    Sept. 26, 2011
    Goal weight
  • Metsfn4life
    Metsfn4life Posts: 125 Member
    Options

For me, I post them on the calendar day in which they occurred. If I go out Friday night, and have a drink at 1am - that's 1am Saturday.

But - I also have my "meal categories" set up as:

Midnight Snack
    Breakfast
    Lunch
    Mid-Afternoon
    Dinner
    Evening

So a drink at 11pm would be "evening", a second drink at 1am would be "midnight snack, so it's easy for me to visually separate late night eating from 'breakfast" or "dinner". Since I have insomnia, and it's not unusual for me to eat in the middle of the night, I prefer to track this way so I can track my HABITS as much as my INTAKE.

This is what I have been doing, but I end up having bacardi and diet coke as my breakfast in some of my entires. LOL. I'm sure people think I'm an alcoholic.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    If you drink past 12:00, those are what are called free calories, and no longer need to be counted.
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    I always consider a day from the time I wake up to when I go to sleep
  • TequillaLover89
    TequillaLover89 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I would call me to MEET you out and we'd discuss it over Petrone shots!

"patron"*
    Not that I can spell "tequila"* in my username

I always count 3am as same night if I haven't slept

& 3 bottles of miller light for breakfast looks funny
  • Blackthorne99
    Blackthorne99 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I always consider a day from the time I wake up to when I go to sleep

I don't dare do that - otherwise, I'd have 15-20 days to your seven. *laugh* Such is the life of an insomniac.
  • DawnLosing
    Options
    I post that night but you will find that you are dehydrated the next morning so if you weigh yourself you could see an extra pound or so gone until your body re hydrates. So take that into consideration... I have tried to add ALOT more water when I drink. Have fun!!
  • MayMaydoesntrun
    MayMaydoesntrun Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    You mean drinks have calories??? ...bummer..

saturday is my cheat day, I don't log on my cheat day.....if I'm going to have drinks it's gonna be on Saturday. And I'm still losing.