Ideas for Breakfast??

Options
I'm wondering what folks are eating for breakfast. Oatmeal, cereal, eggs? And do you know what the best things to eat for breakfast are?

Thanks!!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• nickelmel
    nickelmel Posts: 87
    Options
    I'm wondering what folks are eating for breakfast. Oatmeal, cereal, eggs? And do you know what the best things to eat for breakfast are?

• songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Eggs/egg whites, fried or scrambled
    Toast
    High protein cereal
    Oats
    Grits
    Peanut butter
    Yogurt
    Cottage Cheese
    Whole Grain Waffles
    Low fat cheese
    Soy milk, plain or regular

Any combination of the above :smile:
  • LauraK216
    LauraK216 Posts: 104
    Options
    eggs
    toast
    bacon
    oatmeal
    cereal
    waffles
    fresh fruit (i usually go for strawberries or melon)
  • megancolleen
    Options
    I am a cereal girl! quick and easy! I usually will have honey nut cheerios with fat free milk!
  • megancolleen
    Options
    I am a cereal girl! quick and easy! I usually will have honey nut cheerios with fat free milk!
  • Kylie30
    Kylie30 Posts: 16
    Options
    Bran muffins, hard boiled egg whites, oat bran ceral, fruit medley, tofu scamble with fresh tomatoes and low fat cheese, egg white omelet, frozen berries with yoghurt.

I used to do the oat bran cereal and egg whites and that kept me going all morning. I have since gone vegan and now just do the cereal with some fruit and it keeps the engine running!
  • Thamber
    Thamber Posts: 194
    Options
    I change my menu every week because I get bored.

Cereal ( very rarely)
    brown rice or quinoa in crockpot with spices and dried fruit
    quinoa with avocado
    toast with peanut butter
    pb and j
    eggs and bacon
    scrambled eggs with veggies and cheese
    yogurt with fruit

I also like to have lunch or dinner for breakfast

salad with chicken etc ...basically whatever I eat anytime else during the day
    today I had leftover pasta and sauce from yesterdays lunch :)

I also like to snack throughout the morning since I cannot eat a lot early.

cheese, olives and crackers
    veggies with a dip or hummus
  • schoonmp
    schoonmp Posts: 175
    Options

I have 2 eggs, 1 slice of Sara Lee 45 calorie whole wheat bread and a slice laughing cow cheese for breakfast every moring. I used to eat cerale, but I was eating too many calories and I wouldn't be full for very long.

Pam
  • purrrr
    purrrr Posts: 1,073
    Options
    I had a cup of strawberries for breakfast... But then again I can eat strawberries for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack, another snack, third snack, fourth snack... :love:
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    yogurt with blueberries, raspberries and strawberries
    all bran with vanilla rice dream
  • PSUgrl921
    PSUgrl921 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day. I find that if I eat a breakfast high in protein and calories I eat better throughout the day. My favorite is omelets. If I'm in a hurry though i'll have some cereal, hopefully with some kind of fruit in it.

Nicole
  • Tanya761
    Tanya761 Posts: 146
    Options
    I have been having 3 slices of Canadian Back Bacon with 1/2 cup egg beaters (egg whites) and 2 slices of Laughing Cow Cheese all melted together into a scrambled egg meal. It is only 190 Calories and keeps me way full, longer than any cereal would!
  • expressbug
    expressbug Posts: 100
    Options
    Yo-Plus Vanilla Yogurt with Special K Cocolate Delights Cereal Mixed In - This is my favorite
    1 Egg with Toast and Jelly - Like and Open faced sandwich
    Frosted Mini Wheats with Milk
    LowFat Pop Tart and Piece of Fruit
    Breakfast Lean Pocket and Piece of Fruit

Really just depends what I feel like when I wake up.
  • dkell
    dkell Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    :indifferent: I've been eating whole grain Cheerios and fresh strawberries every morning. I thought it would help my cholesterol:ohwell:
  • jamielbeck
    jamielbeck Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I am not a morning person which usually leads to me sleeping in till the last possible second. Because of this during the work week I rarely have time to make breakfast. I've been early oatmeal for the last couple months. Its easy and I can pop it in the microwave just before I am running out the door and take it with me. I switched to oatmeal cause it keeps me fuller longer. I usually eat it with a side of fresh fruit. Hope that helps! :flowerforyou: