Best Birthday gift - 71 pounds gone! (pics corrected)

Options
landay
landay Posts: 43 Member
I turned on 30 on Friday, and gave myself the greatest birthday gift I've ever received - 71 pounds gone!!! I've been overweight since my sophmore year of college. By the time I graduated college, I was at 197, and stayed there until after I had my daughter. After my daughter was born, my weight stayed at around 213. Here's what I looked like:

(I have no idea if I'm doing the pictures right - if not, someone please help!)
?action=view&current=Chicago-2008cropped.jpg

Without the help of a program, I was able to get back down to 197 after a year or two. I thought I looked okay, but then received a loud wake-up call when I saw this picture that was taken at a wedding. This was THE picture that woke me up to the fact that I had to do something:

?action=view&current=Lanaatwedding-cropped.jpg

I lost 10 pounds, and then joined myfitnesspal just before Christmas of 2010. I gave myself the goal of getting down to 149 by my 30th birthday (September 30). I viewed it as the most amazing gift that I could give myself. I overshot my goal by 7 pounds, and weighed in at 142 on my big day. I still have 17 pounds until my goal weight, but I am thrilled, and I feel like a brand new person!!! I have not been at a healthy weight in my entire adult life, so this is a brand new start for me.

?action=view&current=Lana-after.jpg

I am SO grateful to myfitnesspal for the amazing program and support!!

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!