God, I REALLY want a pizza....

Options
Someones gotta take my mind off this, I really want to much o a gorgeous tasty pizza and some lovely garlic bread... maybe some haagen daas afterwards... mmmmmnnnnnn HELP

Replies

• morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Pizza

Baking Powder Pizza

This is an absolutely yummy pizza. I wasn't sure it would work, but I didn't have any yeast and I fancied a pizza. I have included some of the toppings I have on my pizza but the nutritional information is only for the pizza base. I shall post the tomato sauce tomorrow. Just add the calories for whichever cheese you use and the toppings. I usually have a whole pizza for myself as I am not on a low-calorie diet but the pizzas are quite large and half a pizza and a side salad would be perfect for one person who is trying to eat at a defecit. These are fine to freeze if you make extra. Freeze them after cooking, or refridgerate a prepared un-cooked pizza for up to 2 days. Pictures will follow next time I make these.

Serves: 8 (4 pizzas)

330 g flour
    1 1/2 tsp baking powder
    1 pinch salt
    75 g margarine
    200 ml milk

Suggested Toppings:

•Sweetcorn
    •Peppers
    •Onion
    •Mushroom
    •Olives
    •Sundried Tomatoes
    •Cheese: Cheddar, Mozzarella, Feta, Blue cheese
    •Spinach or Rocket
    •Meat if you fancy it
    •Courgette
    •Aubergine
    •etc.

Mix the flour, salt, baking powder and margarine together with your fingers until it forms fine crumbs.
    Add the milk and combine to form a dough. Divide the dough unto 4 balls, cover and refridgerate for 10 minutes or until you need them.
    Roll out the balls as flat as possible (the flatter the better) on a floured surface then transfer onto baking paper.
    Add the sauce and toppings you desire and then bake in a pre-heated oven at 150 for 15 minutes, then increase to 180 and bake for a further 10. If you have a combi-oven, you can turn the grill on for the last few minutes if the pizza is not "browned" enough.

231 calories per serving, 8.5g F, 1.6g SF, 33.2g C, 1.4g S, 1.1g Fb, 5.2g P

Tomato Sauce

So here is a tomato sauce that works great for a pizza sauce, but equally well for a pasta sauce, or even as a soup base! Nutritional info is given for pizza sauce, but for a pasta it would serve 4 people. Works to freeze easily. The whole thing as 1 serving is only 100 calories.

Tomato Sauce
    Serves: 16 (as a pizza sauce)

400 g tinned tomatoes (1 tin)
    200 ml water
    2 cloves garlic
    2 g thyme
    2 g oregano
    1 pinch salt
    1 cube vegetable stock
    1 tablet of sweetener

Put everything except the stock cube into a blender.
    Boil the sauce and add the stock cube. Continue to boil until the sauce is the desired thickness.
    6 calories per serving, 0.1g F, 0g SF, 1.4g C, 0.7g S, 0.4g Fb, 0.3g P
  • happymiche
    happymiche Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    There are alternatives...not as ooey and gooey, but pretty good options. We make pizza on whole wheat tortillas. The good thing is you control exactly what goes on and can count the calories. We also get the thin 'n crispy veggie lovers from Pizza Hut. It's super good, and I don't even miss the greesy meat. Hope that helps even a little :)
  • homeport51
    homeport51 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Well, think about why you want the pizza... are you hungry? If you are truly hungry, then eat something healthy and the hunger will be satisfied, if you want pizza for any other reason... well... do you want the pizza and ice cream or do you want to lose those 56 lbs? If hunger isn't the problem, then food isn't the solution.
  • slender_sunshine
    Options
    Or, if you're not the cooking type, you could make a pizzadilla - basically a tortilla with pizza sauce, cheese, and pizza toppings. Just heat it up and brown it a bit in a skillet and it's a fairly low cal pizza alternative without a lot of fuss.
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,798 Member
    Options
    eat some then...just make sure it fits in your food budget...i have a recipe for low sodium pizza dough..and by low i actually mean none..it is fairly low in cals and fat too, but what you put on it can add up..i use it to make breadsticks as well, like the cinna sticks from the pizza joints..good luck
  • rbryntes
    rbryntes Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    I made a pita pizza, using pizza sauce, cheese, and pita, and turkey pepperoni. It was good, not awesome but killed my craving.

I also had REAL pizza, I just had only one slice.

Save your calories, maybe?
  • Chelij
    Chelij Posts: 49
    Options
    Then have some pizza for god sakes! If you deprive yourself of something you really love then you'll fail in the end. I have pizza on a weekly basis. You just can't eat half a pizza to yourself. Try to have a side salad and limit yourself to two slices (and of course, no extra meat or extra cheese). Life is too short to not have pizza!
  • Prazzie
    Prazzie Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I take a boneless, skinless chicken breast and flatten it using a meat mallet. Top with tomato paste and pizza toppings and bake in the oven for about 20 minutes until the chicken is cooked.
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Work it into your calorie goal and eat it!! I had 3 slices Friday evening, it put me only slightly over my calorie goal, so then I went for a walk. I'm not a believer in denying yourself something you really want!
  • melissabee31
    Options
    I'm a huge HUGE pizza addict. I used it have it every Friday or Saturday night out, hence my ending up here! I still have to have it though. I love the restaurant Uno, and their pizza is awesome. I usually order a personal pizza and eat half of it (only 2 really small slices) every once in a while (like once a month, maybe once every 2 months). It's hard to not want the rest, but it's so freaking greasy that I usually don't want the rest anyway.

I think the two pieces are about 650 calories, if I recall correctly. So, it's really not that bad of a dinner if that's all I eat. Give yourself the pizza, just not the whole pizza!
  • nottegatto
    nottegatto Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I think Rbryntes has a good idea. If you have a craving for something - there is nothing wrong with going for it. However, its all in moderation. For instance, if you feel like pizza ( i know i love my pizza - NY style with extra cheese and mushrooms) then get a slice. OR you can limit what you eat for breakfast and sub the calories for pizza in the afternoon.

Just play around with it. If you feel frustrated or limited the chances of you sticking with the diet are slim. So on those occasions have a snack size chocolate bar or have that slice of pizza - just use moderation.

Good Luck,:drinker:

*this is the advice my nutritionist gave me by the way and it has worked so far*
  • Strive2BLean
    Strive2BLean Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I sastisfy my pizza craving by having a sliver which is aboiut 3 bites. You can eat anything as long as you count it towards your daily calories and or work it off with exercise. Don't beat yourself up about it. Work it in. It's life!
  • grandtheftuno
    Options
    I like to make pizza using naan bread. That way I can control the cheese/fat contents while putting all the veggies I want on it. I like red pepper, spinach (blanched), tomatoes and mushrooms with either a little bit of feta or a little bit of shredded cheese. I am a big fan of a veggie loaded pizza.

For the base I usually just put on some curry powder or spices, because I get too lazy to open a can of tomato paste. As much as I love my ooey gooey cheese pizza (I don't eat beef or pork), this one is definitely more filling, and portion controlled. I suppose I could cut up some deli/leftover turkey or chicken. It helps that it takes less time to make than a frozen pizza. I prefer the texture of naan bread to that of a pita or tortilla. It's totally worth the extra few grams of fat, and it still comes in at far under even the cheese personal size pizzas I am sometimes inclined to make. I pair it with more veggies, and some plain greek yogurt with whatever seasonings compliment the pizza-it's the best way to make a fat free dipping sauce!
  • slender_sunshine
    Options
    I take a boneless, skinless chicken breast and flatten it using a meat mallet. Top with tomato paste and pizza toppings and bake in the oven for about 20 minutes until the chicken is cooked.

This is an odd idea, but really cool. I may have to try this! :)
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    you can eat pizza as part of a healthy lifestyle. the key is to eat it in moderation...this means to STOP when you are full. I eat pizza at least once per week...usually twice. I just know that 2 pieces is enough to fill me up and I stop. I usually eat cheese or veggie pizza to avoid the extra calories from pepperoni and other high fat add-ons.

don't deny yourself the things you love. if you do, maintaining a healthy lifestyle will be difficult. you just need to program your mind to accept moderation.
  • catlover98611
    catlover98611 Posts: 38 Member
    Options

This is an odd idea, but really cool. I may have to try this! :)

I made pizza meatloaf before and loved it, hmmm, had forgotten about that. Basically, I made the "crust" from meatloaf (basic burger, eggs, and oatmeal with some basil, etc), spread it thinly on the pan and top with sauce, some cheese and lots of veggies. I don't know the calorie count right now but I NEVER eat flour so this might fit into my plan now.....need to look that up.
  • kath711
    kath711 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Then have some pizza for god sakes! If you deprive yourself of something you really love then you'll fail in the end. I have pizza on a weekly basis. You just can't eat half a pizza to yourself. Try to have a side salad and limit yourself to two slices (and of course, no extra meat or extra cheese). Life is too short to not have pizza!

Ditto!!
  • bryanconchas
    Options
    i love pizza too >.<
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,585 Member
    Options
    This. This stigma that eating only "healthy" food is the only way to lose weight and/or be healthy is such a myth. I eat pizza, Mcdonald's, Taco Bell and a couple of days ago I ate 2 Chik-Fil-A sandwiches with waffle fries.........................and am still within 1-3lbs of my regular weight.
    Compensate for the calories or just make sure they account in your daily intake.
  • Chelij
    Chelij Posts: 49
    Options
    This. This stigma that eating only "healthy" food is the only way to lose weight and/or be healthy is such a myth. I eat pizza, Mcdonald's, Taco Bell and a couple of days ago I ate 2 Chik-Fil-A sandwiches with waffle fries.........................and am still within 1-3lbs of my regular weight.
    Compensate for the calories or just make sure they account in your daily intake.

What does what I said have to do with only eating "healthy food"?? I said to eat the darn pizza....just because I suggested rounding it out with a side salad?!