how fast do you eat ?

Options
i admit i eat AGONISINGLY slow to other people.. but i like it and do it without thinking, i have to savour my food! it takes me about an hour and a half to eat my 1 cup of oatmeal w/ skim milk and flaxseed and a kiwi fruit, it even takes me like 30-45 mins to eat my yogurt! how fast do you eat?

Replies

• kennie2
    kennie2 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    i eat extremely fast lol
    5 mins and its all gone
  • PBJunkie
    PBJunkie Posts: 652
    Options
    Is 30 minutes to devour 1900 calories of food considered fast?
  • babyblake11
    babyblake11 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    oh wow! see i couldnt do that, id get sad and feel like i wasted all my food :(
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    i have to remind myself constantly to eat slow. i try things like putting my fork down between bites, and not starting to eat until the other ppl at the table have all started first.
  • PBJunkie
    PBJunkie Posts: 652
    Options
    oh wow! see i couldnt do that, id get sad and feel like i wasted all my food :(

I don't really associate food with pleasure, just fuel for my body. The only thing that I love eating slow is Peanut butter or ice cream.
  • smex14
    smex14 Posts: 48
    Options
    I too have to make a conscious effort to eat a bit slower because I'm always giving myself indigestion! Always the first to finish my meal. Not really sure why. I have to keep telling myself to chew more lol
  • DWilbanks
    DWilbanks Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    When you only get 30 minutes to have lunch in the work place, you learn to eat fast.
  • Enforcer25
    Enforcer25 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I eat fast, I think it's from my time in the military, LoL. I eat slower if I'm with a group, but even at work my crew and I eat pretty quick.
  • Ally_Clare
    Ally_Clare Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Omg i scoff all food down so fast i'm having seconds before my bf has even finished his first dish. So embaressing but i love my food. Have choked a few times though so i really should learn to chew properly....
  • lh12xx
    lh12xx Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I used to be a slow eater, but I had an ex boyfriend who was a really fast eater, and when he finished his food he'd turn and start on yours! So I started eating quicker too,
  • Skinny_minny_mo
    Skinny_minny_mo Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    I used to be a slow eater, but I had an ex boyfriend who was a really fast eater, and when he finished his food he'd turn and start on yours! So I started eating quicker too,

lol! good motivation to eat faster if ever there was one!
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    I just hate lukewarm food! So it it's dinner, i eat it fast to it doesnt lose the heat. Toast is a bugger for this. It stays hot for so little time! I have the spread open, and ready on the knife for the second i pull it out!

Natural cold food however, i can take a bit more time over.
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    too fast, that's how I gained 30 extra lbs. I try to eat slower, but it's hard. Soups and salads help.
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I just hate lukewarm food! So it it's dinner, i eat it fast to it doesnt lose the heat. Toast is a bugger for this. It stays hot for so little time! I have the spread open, and ready on the knife for the second i pull it out!

Natural cold food however, i can take a bit more time over.

Totally! I actually have a plate warmer, but I never use it.
  • sunshine77081
    Options
    Normally I eat very fast and try very had to slow it down. Chew my food 20-30 times and take my time. Actually one will eat less if they do that. It is just a pain as I live a fast paced life w/two small children. But the important part is that I am trying.
  • andy13
    andy13 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I have to constantly remind myself to chew, I'm like a snake! I heard if you chew each mouthful 10 times it actually fills you up more.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Too fast, usually.
  • catlover98611
    catlover98611 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I used to take an hour or more to eat a meal, now I'm down to about 40 minutes, and I eat a lot on my food plan.
  • UrbanRunner81
    UrbanRunner81 Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    It is great to eat slow.
    I was told once "Drink Your Food, Chew Your Water."
    Which means chew until it is liquid basically in your mouth.
    Saliva when chewing is the beginning of digestion so actually eating slow will improve digestion as it moves down your body and you will get more nutrients from your food
  • Peanutmanda
    Options
    Depends.. If i am eating food with my hands, I just throw it in my mouth and sometimes forget to even breathe. lol. if im eating with a spoon, don't wait up.. lol..