hello - newbie looking for support !

Options
Hi everyone

I just joined - well started to seriously use my fitness pal recently. I signed up a while ago but wasnt serious and over the last week or so have given myself a kick in the bum and started using my fitness pal app and joined the gym.

I have around 84lbs to lose (6 stone to us Brits!) and hoping to lose at least 3 stone before my birthday in 5 months, big 30!

I am getting married next August and would love to lose a large amount by then

I have been messing around for so long but now ready to commit.

would love some friends to keep me motivated along the way, didnt want to add anyone without asking as didnt wanna seem rude!

really look forward to getting to know you all. Ive had a look thru the site and there is so much inspiration here!

Replies

• laurielou04
    laurielou04 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    request sent. glad your back at it! it will def be worth all the hard work!
  • Jennolli
    Jennolli Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hello I have been here a while but forgot that I even had a profile so this is technically my first day (back) since I signed up. I can add you as a friend then we can help each other out :)
  • NYLatinaCR
    Options
    Welcome back!!! I fell off for about a month.... I am getting back on myself. I want to lose another 35 pounds by next May.... My 40th birthday.... Please add me.... NYLatinaCR.... We can support each other!

You can do it..... Just stay on this website.... You already know that the encouragement is incredible!!
  • cra001
    cra001 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello I am in Texas but my Daughter lives in Botley so I feel connected. Just stay under the calorie max and lean into your hunger pain like you would lean into one of those cold winter breezes you get over there. Don't lean so far that you will fall over and don't get so hungry that you wanna knaw your tea kettle. Try some raw ginger root if you get really hungry. Split your meal times in two 5 or six periods not three. As time advances you'll be able to cut deeper under the max calorie count. Heck you guys walk everywhere anyway don't you? Don't just be happy with being a little below the calorie max after a week or so. Try for some big jumps in weight drops. As time moves forward your hunger will fade as does your stone count.
  • sunshine77081
    Options
    I fell off too but didn't do to aweful bad. I'm here for support if you need me dear!
  • OkieinMinny
    OkieinMinny Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    I here ya! I have done the same signed up a while ago BUT recently realized I needed a kick in the pants and to get serious, and sent out some friend requests....I think it helps so much to see what others are doing and definitely is inspiring!! I will send a request your way also!!