20LBS By Thanksgiving - MAIN POST

Options
Dear fellow challengers:

I want to apologize for the disorganization with the posts. As I said from the beginning, I have never done a group before and I really don't know what I am doing. I just started this because I thought it would be fun for us to band together and try to lose some weight before the biggest American food holiday of the year! I'm sorry for any confusion. From now on, we will post here. And just as a reminder, our weigh-ins are on THURSDAY. If you want to weigh in a different day, that's fine too. Just post them on Thurs!

I also want to thank everyone for their support. For those of you who asked me how I am going to lose 20 lbs by Thanksgiving if I continue to eat the way I do, I probably won't lose 20. So, don't use my food diary as an example! Not to make any excuses, but I have a lot going on in my life right now! So, at this point, I will be happy with any weight loss at all! I am just going to do the best that I can.

Losing weight is a long, hard process that I have yet to master. Everyone has good and bad days. I am not going to quit though and neither should you! This is a lifestyle change and we're all in this together.

Best of luck and love!

Diana :-)

Replies

• trivico22
    Options
    Hi and thanks for the challenge! :D

I'm living out side the US but I'd like to participate. I need the motivation to get the last 20 lbs off !
    I too have a lot going on at the moment so it would be great not to go through this weight loss process alone (:

Good luck everyone!

- Trina
  • Micheetah
    Micheetah Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    No worries, I've started and stopped before, but once I started again (just recently) I've never felt more motivated, you'll get there. I think the challenge is great and I hope I can meet it and any weight loss is good weight loss. Just being on MFP is a challenge with myself but Im in it to win it. I hope what u got goin on gets better because that def plays a role on how ur focusing on urself. Good Luck!
  • aunt_hbomb
    Options
    Don't sweat it. I think you are doing a great job with this group. As far as losing the weight, well we all have to do what works for us. I'd say the important thing for you is that you know something has to change is order for you to be successful. Keep at it, don't give up. Keep trying different things until you find the right combo that works for you. I've kind of been at a stand still for the past few weeks, but I am kicking it up a notch this week. I want to see big numbers in the loss column in the next few weeks.
  • Maria_Everett
    Options
    i'm in!!! 20lbs before Thanksgiving sounds great:) i hope we all can get al least close to that goal:) i know its gonna be hard with Halloween candy everywhere in the house but i can do this lol Good luck to everyone!!
  • stormy213
    stormy213 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    You're doing great Diana.....one day at a time. We all have bad days or in my case weekends! Just get back on track when you can and you know you have cheerleaders here to commiserate with you and/or cheer you on.

Love the idea of having a main post!
  • trivico22
    Options
    Trivico22

SW: 144 lbs (65.3 kg)
    CW: 142.5 lbs (64,2 kg)
    GW: 122 ( About 55 kg)
  • mocha2111
    mocha2111 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I definitely would love to be in on this and to be doing it together as a group is great! 7 weeks to -20lbs or should I say walking around without 4 of those 5lb sugar bags! We can do this! I plan to exercise about 4 times per week. I will weigh in next Thursday.
  • SouLThinking
    SouLThinking Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Bumping for later! Thanks for the Main post. I'm glad I found it.
  • liberty741
    liberty741 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Morning!

Welcome to WEEK 2 WEIGH IN!

How did everyone do today? I did NOT do well. I have had a lot going on in my life and have been majorly stressed out, so I gained a pound. But on the upside, I have a job interview today and I went back to the gym for the first time in 6 months and am going to try to get back on track now.

Good luck everyone!

XXOO
  • ryanfeltz
    ryanfeltz Posts: 126
    Options
    Start for 20 by thanks
    165.8 today
    164.2 so 1.6 lbs this week..... right on target ( well almost)
    162.2 so 2 lbs this week YAY!
  • secondsisof7
    secondsisof7 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I lost 5lb. this week, brings me to CW 240lbs. and 9.5lb. lost since starting the challenge.
  • Amanda0325
    Amanda0325 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I lost 4.8 since my last weight in... 146.2... See everyone next week and keep up the good work!
  • khaff
    khaff Posts: 2
    Options
    I just found this thread, but I am in!! I lost 7 pounds since I started tracking again last week. I will start counting my 20 pounds as of today. Good luck ladies!
  • steelguy54
    steelguy54 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    SW: 216

Week 1: 214
    Week 2: 210

I have no clue how I lost 4 lbs this week but I'll take it.
  • stormy213
    stormy213 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I am deferring my weigh in until tomorrow....had a high sodium meal last night and don't want it to skew my result....now off I go to chug some water!
  • ANewMaria2014
    ANewMaria2014 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    SW: 150
    GW:135
  • ilbcnuz
    ilbcnuz Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm down another 2.8 pounds. Yea for me!!!!!

15 more to go to reach 20 by Thanksgiving!!!
  • SouLThinking
    SouLThinking Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Hey all good evening!

147.2 (Last week)
    146.2 Today!

With TOM visiting I'm happy with a pound gone.

11 lbs till goal.

I am really hoping to hit 135 by 11/11/11 ..my son's wedding day.

Have a great evening

Nichole
  • kassandra81
    Options
    Wowie! I can't imagine losing 20lbs by.... (looking at the calendar) .... November 24th, lol.... I would be AMAZED!
    Thanksgiving is this weekend in Canada. I will not be eating all the traditional Thanksgiving things though, :) I am not going to fall just because it's a holiday, and that society tells us that we should stuff our faces! I will enjoy my family, that's what it's all about.

I would be SO happy to lose 12-15lbs by Nov 24th.
    Good luck to everyone!
  • hrobinson416
    hrobinson416 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Week 1 for me but I lost 4.6 lbs over all for this first week. Starting weight on 09/30 was 202. Current weight is 197.4. Goal weight is 180 by Thanksgiving!