What did you do after P90X?

Options
I finished about 2 weeks ago, and I haven't started anything else because I've been sick. But I'm wondering what others did. Did you do another round? If so, how long did you take off before starting it? Did you do a different program? If so, which one?

Replies

• alexa_image
    alexa_image Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I've heard most people do Insanity after P90X
    I guess I did it the other way, because I just finished Insanity last night,
    and I want to do P90X next.
    It is Insane, but is all worth it!
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    I usually do a month or 2 of the routine I did prior to doing P90X, but incorporate a few P90X moves. Then after a month or so of that I do another round of P90X (I am almost done my 5th round) but change it up a bit to better fit my lifestyle. I do the strength days of P90X and run on the other days.
  • sjcply
    sjcply Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I started another round after my first, but got really bored about half way thru! :sad:

So now I am running......I scheduled myself a 5k, 10k and half marthon to work for! So far I am in :love:

But I still throw in a few p90x dvds each week, I really like the upper body workouts with p90x, so I continue them!
  • bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    I finished about 2 weeks ago, and I haven't started anything else because I've been sick. But I'm wondering what others did. Did you do another round? If so, how long did you take off because starting it? Did you do a different program? If so, which one?

One round was enough for me to drop the weight and tone up so I opted not to do a second round. Instead, I will be starting Brazil Butt Lift soon since that's the area that needs the most work right now. :)
  • jsjaclark
    jsjaclark Posts: 303
    Options
    After I finished the first time, I took a few weeks off and then started again, doing the lean program. I had some health issues and surgery last fall and into winter so I wasn't doing anything for a while. I have once again started the P90X lean program and am beginning week 3.
  • p0stdramatic
    Options
    A lot of people around here where I live start with p90x and then do Insanity. I've "dabbled" in P90x, but I'm not good with working out at home. I do want to try Insanity though.
  • crobinson53
    Options
    After I finished, I strutted around in a banana hammock and flexed on people for months.
  • Meg2012
    Meg2012 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    After I finished, I strutted around in a banana hammock and flexed on people for months.

This made me laugh so hard I teared up! Bwahahahah!
  • Steem707
    Steem707 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I do 2 of the P90X workouts per week then do what I want on the other days. Run, jump rope, whatever I can think of to do outside. I'm leaving the insanity for when it's too cold to go outside and workout.
  • soulfire711
    Options
    My brother swears by a P90X and Insanity rotation. He also likes to make up his own workouts using the exercises from each program to keep things challenging. I think he's crazy...but it works!
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    I haven't finished yet but when I have I would like to do a different program such as Chalean Extreme, or another round of p90x (maybe doubles depending on how much spare time I have) I've already done Insanity before P90x and don't fancy doing that again just yet.
  • alexa_image
    alexa_image Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    A lot of people around here where I live start with p90x and then do Insanity. I've "dabbled" in P90x, but I'm not good with working out at home. I do want to try Insanity though.

I just finished Insanity last night, and it was Insane, but is all worth it.
    I love it, not ready for a second round yet, but I think I'll do it again.
    Go for it!
  • crobinson53
    Options

This made me laugh so hard I teared up! Bwahahahah!

Glad someone enjoyed it ;)
  • CALake
    CALake Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I used the weight workouts 2-3 times a week and mixed in other cardio for the summer. I'm going to tackle Insanity next- but not until it snows here and I can't be outside.
  • sjcply
    sjcply Posts: 817 Member
    Options

Nice picture!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • gjprincess
    gjprincess Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm going to start Insanity. I want to rotate it in with P90x.
  • raven56706
    raven56706 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    i did both and they are both good workouts. P90X is good for the muscle definition and certain cardio...

Insanity is all cardio but a intense workout. Its awesome and all you need is 50 minutes.. i cant believe how these dvds really changed people physically!
  • scarletleavy
    scarletleavy Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    I'm in week 10 of my first P90x round and when I finish I plan to do the New Rules of Lifting for Women program with some Bodyrock HIIT workouts thrown in there. After that I'm planning to do P90x2 (Already pre-ordered my copy) then maybe an Insanity-P90x-P90x2 Hybrid. We'll see...