These pants are driving me crazy!!

Options
Ok, so I've finally lost enough weight that if I don't wear a belt, my pants could be pulled off quite easily. But, I am not small enough to buy the next size, nor do I have the money to sink into them to have them tailored to fit. So, has anyone any ideas to make my clothing more bearable until I can fit back into my old clothes again?

If anything, please vent with me.

Thank you.

Replies

• CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    These pretzels are making me thirsty!
  • jgic2009
    jgic2009 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Wear a belt?
  • voluptuous_veggie
    voluptuous_veggie Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    You can buy a mending kit for less than a dollar at most stores, including grocery stores (usually up by the register)! Tailor them yourself....fast, easy and cheap!
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    I am wearing a lot of skirts and dresses. They seem to fit longer than pants do.
  • sjcply
    sjcply Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    ummm, wear a belt?
  • sunshine77081
    Options
    I'm not a fan of wearing a belt especially with jeans that are too big. I was at that same stage not long ago i just dealt with it and was constantly hiking my jeans up.
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    Don't wear pants?
  • jan_andrea
    jan_andrea Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. My 24s are all too big now. 22s are better, but I can still take them off without undoing the fasteners. And I don't really want to buy new clothes until I absolutely have to. I sew, so I'll probably make myself a quick elastic-based belt -- stiff belts are awful on the still-squishy belly. No good tips for you, but commiseration!
  • danimoon67
    danimoon67 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Take them in. Between my weight loss and an extremely teeny preschooler, I've become quite the pro at putting tucks in pants.
  • TJtastic
    TJtastic Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    These - they work better with some pants than others

http://www.maurices.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11690351
  • sundancer1966
    sundancer1966 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Totally relate, have to wear a belt, don't like it, but better than them falling off me. Clothes I bought 3 weeks ago are starting to hang on me, which is a good thing, but I never feel like my clothes fit. Can't wait to hit goal. But, I prefer the clothes be too big, then having to buy a size up.

I also bought a couple of skirts, they seem to last longer between sizes.
  • PantalaNagaPampa
    PantalaNagaPampa Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    Don't wear pants?
    This seems to be the most logical course of action
  • fitplease
    fitplease Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    I still have to pull them up, even with a belt. I only need to lose a few more. Maybe a month to go?
  • cajunpirate
    cajunpirate Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    get some outlandish boxer shorts to have on "just in case" then tighten the belt... :bigsmile:
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Don't wear pants?

I tried this... believe it or not, there are places where this is frowned upon.
  • rmwinters
    rmwinters Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    wash them in hot water and put them in the dryer on high or fold the top (part with the button) over to hike them up a bit
  • fitplease
    fitplease Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    get some outlandish boxer shorts to have on "just in case" then tighten the belt... :bigsmile:

The best idea! Thank you for making me smile today!

I think I've gotten some new options. Thank you for sharing so far!
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    True story - I was working in my garage and my pants kept slipping down - I strapped on a bungee cord and kept working - LOL
  • tmiqueen
    tmiqueen Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Goodwill or Salvation Army pants until you can fit into the others?
  • krash999
    krash999 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I am wearing a lot of skirts and dresses. They seem to fit longer than pants do.

that is a good idea, but i think my job would look upon me with a frown if i came in wearing a dress or a skirt.... i mean i am gonna wear a tiger skin print kilt for haloween, but other than that having pants that are almost big enough to stick a ruler between me and them lengthwise will have to do for now..... no money to buy smaller pants....