New to this site. Hit rock bottom and I need to change.

Options
Hi, I'm new today. I decided to start using myfitnesspal, at first because there was an app on the Android for it, so I could keep better track of everything on the go.

My entire life I've been gaining and losing, gaining and losing due to all the different diets I've een on. I always fail in the end because I love "bad" food too much. I crave sweets too much, and the "diet" sweets and fruit were never enough for me.

Most of my friends try to tell me "I look fine," however I'm technically obese. I saw recent photos of me and I was horrified at how much weight I've seemed to put on. I'm upset that friends and family lie to me. I wish they told me the truth about how awful I look. For the past couple of years I've been swinging between 170 and 200, but for my height I need to be between 110 and 140 pounds. I haven't been 140 since high school after I was on the Atkins diet (and I gained it all back eventually).

I'm tired of being fat. I want to lose weight, look normal, and be attractive to others for once in my life.

Replies

• kevin3344
    kevin3344 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Welcome, rest assured you can do it using this site. Feel free to add me and others as a friend, don't be shy!

Also, open your diary it really helps! Go to Settings > Diary Settings > Diary Sharing and change it to Public.

Finally, don't forget to take some before pics to show all of your friends later!!!
  • rhirvo
    rhirvo Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    One day at a time and you will get there! WELCOME!!
  • kkauz42
    kkauz42 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    You got this!
  • LaDiablesse
    LaDiablesse Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Hiya! You've taken the first step by joining us here! You'll find lots of support & encouragement!
  • JillianP00
    Options
    Reading your post and it sounds just like me! Just make this site your new best friend and you won't fail. It takes hard work and determination but I know you'll get there =)

Jillian
  • implodingsporks
    Options
    Welcome! Me and my girl friend are both on here, though she isn't a message boards kind of person. She is in a very similar sitatuion as you, though! So you if you ever need support, advice, or someone to talk to, feel free to add me! You could contact either of us that way!

Good luck, girl! If you put your mind to it, you can do it!
  • treehugginpam
    treehugginpam Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    First, I don't think that your friends and family are lying to you -- if you look anything like your profile picture, you are adorable! However, if you're looking to make a change you've come to the right place. I started using MFP this summer and the friends I've made here inspire me on a regular basis. Welcome, and good luck!!

p.s. I used to live in Manassas too! :smile:
  • briehill
    Options
    Good Luck!!!. I love my bad food too but I've been losing weight even though I haven't been that strict with my diet. Trying to eat better but not limiting it. If I want chocolate I eat chocolate. I just make sure that I eat within the calories that mfp set for me. In about 2 weeks I've lost almost 7 lbs. Eventually probably need to pay more attention but for now I'd just worry about trying to be better and making sure that you do something to burn some calories.
  • cpegasus01
    cpegasus01 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You have certainly come to the right place!
  • cmthgrimes
    cmthgrimes Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    You will love this site. I have been using it religiously for about a month. I used to do Weight Watchers but I did not like the new plan. It is so easy to use the database and it is great to see progress. I will send you a friend request - we all can use extra support.

Melissa
  • SparkleKittie
    Options
    Hey, I feel you on the "losing and gaining" bit for sure. Welcome and I wish you lots of joy and success in your journey to health. (:
  • gsager
    gsager Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    This is a very user friendly app and you can log online too. We are all in the same boat. Welcome
  • TrefG
    TrefG Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    This is the place to come for support & motivation.

You look great from the profile piccy, but every journey on here is a personal one, so it's what YOU think that matters.

T
  • elysecea
    elysecea Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    You sound like me 2 yrs back...although I still crave sweets and junk monthly.....add me I am happy to be of support and sound advice!!! Glad you made the choice and got on board...you wont be sorry ;)
  • Captain_Mal
    Captain_Mal Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Hi! I can relate, I've been gaining and losing over the past 10 years, more gaining than losing though. If you're committed, you'll do great. =)
  • penguinqt
    Options
    Thank you everybody! All of you are so sweet. :-)
  • jaci34
    jaci34 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same healthy range as you and went between the same weight as you at my highest!!! Stay dedicated, you can do it and it will be so worth it!! I wish you the best on your journey!
  • ohmariposa
    ohmariposa Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    YOU CAN DO IT!!! Better now than when you are in your forties...It is amazing what a little calorie counting and excercise can do :-)