Slytherin Common Room

Options

Replies

• Chaosdrone
    Options
    80ish minists up getting up rolling dice and doing puships lol very fun to not fell your arms the next day lol

count of 40 regular pushhups and 100 knee pushups
  • MacSkillz
    MacSkillz Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    How is everyone doing on those crunches?!?!

Remember, there are several different kinds of crunches that you can complete to target different areas of your abs. Please take a look at this website and try to incorporate at least 3 or 4 different types:
    http://www.ab-core-and-stomach-exercises.com/how-to-do-crunches.html

I some how managed to get 200 pumped out yesterday!! :noway: I had a loss in my family on Monday night :cry: and I didn't go to work yesterday so I had plenty of time to work out and get things done. I formed a routine for myself and would do 50 or 25 crunches in between different strength training sets. It worked out pretty nicely. If only I could do something like that every day.
    The workouts really helped me to think about my cousin and all the hardships she went through in her short life and come to terms with her death.
  • emmabeckemeyer1
    emmabeckemeyer1 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I am sorry to hear about your cousin!

Crunches are doing well! I did 200 on Monday but none yesterday because my sinuses are blocked :sick:
    feeling a bit better hoping to get to workout today!
  • SKP1986
    SKP1986 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    So sorry to hear about your cousin, Mac <3

I hope everyone is doing well on their challenges.
  • almostgoth
    almostgoth Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Sorry I'm late...bad 7 days for me...up one pound to 169.5 and 45 exercise minutes.
  • Chaosdrone
    Options
    THe crunches will be done tonight and tomorrow and friday 100 a day people we can do this.
  • poorcopies
    poorcopies Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I am going to take down the crunches this weekend I reckon, I have told the boy he can do it with me!
  • Chaosdrone
    Options
    im still doing them !!!!! lol
  • BittLynne
    BittLynne Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Weighing in at 191, SW
  • Chaosdrone
    Options
    Welcome fellow Slytherin to the comomn house
  • MacSkillz
    Options
    I hope everyone is having an awesome weekend so far.
    I just got some new updates from the Headmistress - I need to report numbers to her every Tuesday. So, if I do not have your weight, minutes exercised and how many OWLs and NEWTs you earned by 9:30am EST on Tuesday, you're numbers will not be included in the House scores. You can still post the number and I will keep track of them so you can be counted for the week after. Please note that you do not have to report on Mondays only. You can report any day between Friday and Monday - just make sure that you are counting 7 days worth of exercise!
  • emmabeckemeyer1
    Options
    300+ crunches done! Woot woot!

I am praying for a loss this week! I have been stuck at 145lb for almost a month now! :explode: :sad:
  • Troy67
    Troy67 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Weekly check-in:

Weight stayed the same.
    5 Newts and 5 Owls for completing 300 crunches and being under goal all seven days.
    985 exercise minutes (14769 cals).

Hope everyone is doing well.

Troy
  • MacSkillz
    Options
    CHALLENGES FOR NEXT WEEK:

I have worked with our new Prefect, SyllyReth, to come up with the OWLs and NEWTs Challenges for this week. So without further ado, here they are:

OWLs: complete 150 push-ups for the week. You can do regular push-ups, modified push-ups, or wall push-ups. If you don’t have a lot of upper arm strength, like myself, you can start with the wall push-ups at the beginning of the week and then transition to the modified. Or start with the modified and transition to regular if you can.
    1 – 40 = 1 OWLs
    41 – 80 = 2 OWLs
    81 – 120 = 3 OWLs
    121 – 149 = 4 OWLs
    150 or more = 5 OWLs

NEWTs: For this week, we are asking that you post one of your favorite healthy recipes in the forum. Then, if you are able to, TRY one of the recipes one of the other housemates posted! If you try one, we ask that you please post a picture of the completed dish with a small review.
    Posting a recipe = 2 NEWTs
    Trying a recipe = 3 NEWTs
    Posting & trying = 5 NEWTs
  • SKP1986
    Options
    Tossing my recipe up so I don't forget. This isn't an original recipe lol. I found it on the internet and it is my favorite snack.

Paleo Banana Bread

Gluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free

Ingredients

2 cups almond flour
    1/4 cup flaxseed meal
    2 tsp cinnamon
    1 tsp baking soda
    1 tsp baking powder
    2/3 cup chopped nuts (The original recipe called for pecans. I used almonds.)
    4 really ripe bananas (mashed well)
    2 tbsp local honey
    4 eggs
    1 tsp vanilla extract

Directions
    Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
    Sift the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
    In a separate bowl, add the mashed bananas, eggs, honey, and vanilla and mix well.
    Make a well in the dry ingredients and pour in the wet ingredients. Stir until combined. Normally with breads or muffin recipes, you don’t want to overmix, but since there’s no gluten here, mix to your heart’s content. The muffins won’t get gummy or icky.
    Fill greased muffin tins, baking cups, mini-loaf pans or big loaf pans about 3/4 full. Bake muffins for 23-25 minutes and loaves for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
    Let cool slightly and enjoy with a pat of almond butter, coconut oil or grass-fed butter. Mmmm.

Edit - As far as nutritional values go, I just added individual ingredients to the recipe section and came out with the following

Serves 10

Nutritional Info per serving
    Cals - 241
    Carbs - 20
    Fat - 15
    Protein - 9
    Fiber - 6
    Sugar - 12
  • SKP1986
    Options
    Check-in

295.2 - A 0.8 pound loss this week.
    5 OWLS and 5 NEWTS for completing 300 crunches and staying under my calories for each day
    30 minutes of exercise (cardio. Forgot to check minutes of strength training) with 215 calories burned
  • emmabeckemeyer1
    Options
    Check in at 144.8= 0.4lb loss
    Exercised 552 minutes
    burned 4567 calories
    5 OWLS
    3 NEWTS
  • janiecorona
    Options
    My weight is 202.8 lbs.
    I exercised 342 minutes.
    Burned 5292 calories. ^_^

5 Newts
  • Troy67
    Troy67 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Beef and Black Bean Wraps

Whole wheat tortillas and black beans make this sandwich recipe a filling, high-fiber meal with a snappy, south-of-the-border appeal.

This is not my personal recipe. I got it off of recipes.com To make it even healthier and less calories you can substitute the 2% or fat free cheese and use Morningstar vegetarian crumbles instead of ground beef.

Ingredients:
    8 ounces lean ground beef
    1 cup chopped onion
    2 cloves garlic, minced
    1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
    1 teaspoon chili powder 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
    1 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
    1 large tomato, chopped
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    1/4 teaspoon black pepper
    6 8-inch whole wheat flour tortillas
    1 1/2 cups shredded lettuce
    1 to 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese (4 to 6 ounces)
    Salsa (optional)
    Taco Sauce, Medium

Directions:
    1) In a large skillet cook ground beef, onion, and garlic for 5 minutes or until meat is brown.
    2) Drain off fat.2Stir in cumin, chili powder, and coriander. Cook and stir for 1 minute. Stir in black beans, tomato, salt, and black pepper. Cook, covered, for 5 minutes more, stirring occasionally.
    3) To serve, spoon beef mixture down the center of each tortilla. Sprinkle with lettuce and cheese. Roll up. If desired, serve with salsa. Makes 6 wraps.

Nutrition Facts:

Calories 267, Total Fat 10 g, Saturated Fat 5 g, Monounsaturated Fat 3 g, Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g, Cholesterol 44 mg, Sodium 593 mg, Carbohydrate 27 g, Total Sugar 2 g, Fiber 14 g, Protein 19 g. Daily Values: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 19%, Calcium 20%, Iron 11%. Exchanges: Starch 1.5, Medium-Fat Meat 2.5.
    Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
  • MacSkillz
    Options
    Bacon, Ranch, and Chicken Mac and Cheese (from Cooking Light)

Yield: 4 servings (serving size: about 2 cups)
    Total: 45 Minutes

8 ounces uncooked elbow macaroni
    1 slice applewood-smoked bacon
    8 ounces skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
    1 tablespoon canola oil
    1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
    1 1/2 cups fat-free milk
    1/3 cup condensed 45% reduced-sodium 98% fat-free cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
    3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded six-cheese Italian blend (such as Sargento)
    1/2 teaspoon onion powder
    1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
    1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh dill
    1/8 teaspoon salt
    Cooking spray
    1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded colby-Jack cheese
    Preparation

1. Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat; drain.
    2. Cook bacon in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon from pan, reserving drippings in pan. Finely chop bacon; set aside. Increase heat to medium-high. Add chicken to drippings in pan; sauté 6 minutes or until done.
    3. Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat; sprinkle flour evenly into pan. Cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly with a whisk. Combine milk and soup, stirring with a whisk; gradually add milk mixture to saucepan, stirring with a whisk. Bring to a boil; cook 2 minutes or until thick. Remove from heat; let stand 4 minutes or until sauce cools to 155°. Add Italian cheese blend, onion powder, garlic powder, dill, and salt, stirring until cheese melts. Stir in pasta and chicken.
    4. Preheat broiler.
    5. Spoon mixture into an 8-inch square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle evenly with reserved bacon and colby-Jack cheese. Broil 3 minutes or until cheese melts.

Amount per serving
    Calories: 497
    Fat: 17g
    Saturated fat: 7.4g
    Monounsaturated fat: 4.7g
    Polyunsaturated fat: 1.4g
    Protein: 33.3g
    Carbohydrate: 51.7g
    Fiber: 2g
    Cholesterol: 74mg
    Iron: 2.4mg
    Sodium: 545mg
    Calcium: 368mg

It is a bit on the heavy side with fat and carbs, but I've made this before and it is DELICIOUS. The 2 cup portion is MORE than enough to fill you up and it's just enough bacon. I highly recommend it!