WannaWeigh'Wa - September Tribal Challenge final week- (clos

Options
Gooooooood Afternoooooooon Tribeswomen of WannaWeigh'Wa!!!!!

And a HUGE HAU HAU to the wonderful women of our Tribe!!!

With 70% reported we have 128 points! A tribe weight loss of 11.7! (4 losses, 3 gains, 3 no report)

I am challenging each and every member of this tribe to strive for their very best this last week! I want those numbers to reflect the fit, healthy, warrior women we are becoming!!! I know we have several who have been sidelined due to illness/surgery/etc but Each and Every one of you have what you CAN do! Now DO IT!!!

Gary will be posting the October changes soon! As soon as it is available I will post here so we can decide as individuals and as tribeswomen what we wish to do!

My commitment has flagged several times this month... school, work, family, scouts, etc have challenged my health and fitness for rank one priority... sometimes I won and sometimes I lost, but each and every time I came at it again... changing what needed changed and polishing that which already shone!

During this past weekend, I was challenged mentally, emotionally, and physically... to discover who I am, who I was committed to being, who I have been in the past. I was challenged to face my shortcomings and embrace my strengths. I sought my own council in the silence. I chose to enjoy the meager, as well as the abundant. I shared smiles of silent understanding, companionship and encouragement with some of the finest young people I have ever met, while toiling on a hillside.

We all need to be challenged... whether we do it through a program like MFP, through a church organization, a service organization, or by ourselves... the challenge is what makes us feel the most "ourselves". When we embrace the challenge; rather than run from it, deceive ourselves, or turn our back on it; we explore the depth of our character, the breadth of our soul, the limits of our minds and bodies.

I challenge each and every tribeswoman of WannaWeigh'Wa to meditate on, and pick ONE and ONLY ONE part of her own life to explore this week... There is no requirement to open your search to the rest of the tribe but if you wish to share your experience you are more than welcome to do so...

My love and friendship will go with each of you at the end of this week, our Tribe will continue in my heart and I hope in the hearts of each of you. I have learned so much about myself through your eyes, your experiences and your honesty... I will never be the same and that is a wonderful thing. I am a better woman, a better person, a better friend because of you.

Thank you! Hau Hau!!!

~ Sonia

Replies

• beckusjane
    Options
    What an amazing letter you wrote, Sonia. Thank you so much for holding our hands and kicking our butts when necessary.

I am completely happy with your challenge of trying to explore one part of ourselves. So many choices, so little time...:bigsmile: but I will narrow it down and come up with something. I think it is a fantastic idea:drinker:

Here is a little bit about last week for me:

Surgery was Tuesday. Wednesday I tried to incorporate a few mushy foods into my diet. Thursday I was really feeling like crap but kept pushing through. By late Friday, early Saturday, I realized something was definitely wrong but couldnt figure out what was causing it. Meds were not working, couldnt not keep food in, hard time swallowing even liquids...not a good time...but I am bound and determined to have a much better week.

I saw the doctor again today. Meds have changed. ALL of them, kinda weird, now I am on more and more often but I will do whatever it takes to make me better. He has decided that there will no exercising until he sees me again next Monday and we reevaluate all that has happened. Kinda bummed but know he is looking out for my best interests.

So hopefully I can finish out this week strong with the exploration exercise and still trying to get in as much food/drink as possible. Looking forward to being healthier in October and sticking with the challenge the WHOLE way:happy:

Good luck this week, ladies. I am SOOOO proud of each and every one of you!! You're dedication and commitment are inspiring!! Keep it up!! Really push it this week and show 'em just how strong we truly are!!

Becca:flowerforyou:
  • IggyL
    IggyL Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Sonia your letter was very inspiring, thank you so much for your phenomenal leadership. Becca, thanks so much for cheering us on and keeping me personally motivated.

I am extremely discouraged that the scale has barely moved this month but at the same time thrilled with how much stronger I have become. I am SO glad that I signed on for the challenge (thanks Becca :smooched: ). I really hope that we continue as a tribe, this has been a fantastic journey.

Before I joined I was walking maybe 1/4 to 1/2 mile a few times a week with a 3-4 mile walk on one of the weekend days, even this wasn't very consistant. As a family we have made better choices for food, less processed and lots more homemade. I am forcing myself to motivate and get moving.

Monday after work (4:30pm) I came home sat on the sofa and convinced myself that all I wanted to do was sleep. After sitting there for 15 min or so I kept thinking about the 5K that I had to do 3 times this week and did not want that hanging over my head. I didn't feel like doing "Leslie Sansone" so I put in Harry Potter #1, climbed on my spin bike and started pedaling. My butt was aching by the time I was done the 12 miles, but I did it. I do have 20 Toe Touches left to do...LOL. As for the Burpees, I was able to make progress on those too. Last time I had to start on hands and knees and push myself back until i could roll on to my feet and stand up. This time I started in a pushup position, hopped my feet in, stood up then walked my feet back out to the pushup position (so I wouldn't fall on my face :laugh: ). Tonight I came home, played with the dog, walked to the library with my son and dog, did my challenge exercises (including 100 extra crunches) then made dinner for me and the kids (BF is in RI for the rest of the week for work). I felt like Wonder Woman!!! :bigsmile: My BF keeps telling me that I am amazing, I'm really starting to believe him...LOL

Here is where I need your help. I do not get enough veggies. I can handle eating some fruit every day but when it comes to veggies, I fall short every time. When I was eating spinach salads for lunch I was doing great but now as the weather has started getting cooler, I find that I want hot lunches that are comforting. I've been having some of the healthy choice fresh mixers, they are pretty good and from a sodium standpoint not too bad at all for a processed food. I've never really been big on veggies unless it was vegetable soup (SODIUM CITY). I'm not one for munching on carrots or celery, especially celery unless there is some PB to go with it. I've tried some of the steamer bags but I'm fussy, I don't really care much for crisp vegetables (I was brought up on the canned stuff). I've thought about just having sandwiches for lunch and using baby spinach for the greens but it always goes bad before i can use it all. I know :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: !:huh: I'm probably going to have to just suck it up and make myself eat them, aren't I?

Thanks for letting me babble:wink:

:heart:
    ~Ingrid
  • beckusjane
    Options
    Ingrid,

Your messages always make me smile.:happy: I am sooo impressed with you this month. I dont care what the scale says. Ive seen such huge changes in you and I am proud to be your friend. When we started you would walk once in a while but honestly admitted that you didnt even do that on any schedule. Now we have gotten great ideas about weight training which I must say, I never did either. Lots of walking but not sure what else to do.Also you were pretty quiet when you got on here. Now while encouraging others, I see you making yourself more accountable...like if you're gonna push someone to do something, you better make sure you are willing to do it too. It is amazing. :bigsmile:

This month your body is saying "Wow. She's really doing this and she is not stopping!" So it has to prepare itself for big changes. It is changing in shape and muscle. I believe if you stick with it the scale will fall in line and you will see the movement on there next month! :drinker:

Keep up the awesome work. Your words inspire me daily but more importantly your actions motivate me to prove to each other just how strong I truly am.

Becca:flowerforyou:
  • IggyL
    Options
    Awww Becca, sniff sniff, you made me all teary. LOL :blushing:

One of the new Cust. Svc reps in France just pointed out to me today at work that I am very encouraging and kind. I have always tried to be helpful but I find after being part of MFP and especially this challenge, I am a much more posiitive person! I work with a lot of people in Europe and there can be a language barrier dealing with my European colleagues, which can be VERY frustrating. It is so much easer to deal with these issues now that I feel more healthy and eneretic.

A big thanks for being on the journey with me :love:
  • beckusjane
    Options
    Where is everyone??
  • IggyL
    Options
    Hey Becca, I know....I come here everyday and I swear I hear crickets :tongue:

I did 200 crunches today and did my JJ for tomorrow. I found it is too much to do 3.1 miles and then 100 JJ all at once, jello legs. I don't have the energy to do either first thing in the morning...LOL.

Hope everyone is hanging in there and pushing hard this week! We can do this!
  • megansmom311
    Options
    Hey everyone! Sorry I've been MIA. My internet has been down most of the week. PLUS I've had the flu. Not a good combination. :grumble:

I can't believe this is the last day of September! :ohwell:
  • beckusjane
    Options
    Do we weigh in today since it is the last day or do we weigh in on Sunday?

Becca
  • llbird
    Options
    Those were beautiful letters, thank you. I have had quite a week, starting with the 50K bike ride last Saturday that pushed me to the limit. Yet I didn't give up and completed it, learning more about myself in the process. Knowing when to push at times but also listening to your body is a fine balancing act! Otherwise, when you are over 50 as I am and struggling to get back into shape, you will have injuries. On Sunday, I started week 3 of the Couch to 10K program. Haven't missed a session! Learning to run with a goal of 30 minutes of running non-stop (if I stay on pace that will be week 10). Moving forward slowly, trying to focus on technique over speed, again to avoid injuries. I like the solitude and find I'm sending encouraging words to myself over and over that "I can do this." Time for reflection as Sony described. On Tuesday, I went to swimming class and that was another eye opener. Couldn't finish the 25 metre length on the front crawl without pulling my head straight up and dog paddling for a few seconds. The student behind then had to slow up because I couldn't make it to the end. Improvement should be easy from that starting point :smile:

My job also changed this week (dual reporting structure) which caused stress and fear of the unknown for me and many others. The mental toughness that I hope to develop with the physical improvements should spill over and help me through this.

While I have appreciated the various challenges over August and September, I am choosing to focus on the bike, run and swim heading into fall. It gets me outdoors and over to our community swimming pool. Habits that will help balance the long work days.

MFP is a great support network and I'm enjoying the social contact. I would like to remain friends and hope we can continue to support and challenge each other in our journeys.

Laura
  • lalooday
    Options
    I didn't even realize today was the last day of September. :( Wow... where did the month go?
    Okay a couple of questions!?!? Do we just wait till Sunday to complete everything and fill in the spreadsheet or is today the last day for it? Luckily I lost a pound which makes 5 pounds this month! yeahhh!!! :)

Another question.... Sonia is there going to be an October Challenge and if so I would really like to join it !!!

Great Job WannaWeigh'Wa Ladies!!! :)
  • IggyL
    Options
    Hi Laura, I took it as it ended yesterday and completed it last night.

I'm ready for October! Do we still have a team? Even if we don't compete with other teams, I like being accountable (I don't make excuses that way..LOL). It is a pleasure to interact with you ladies on a daily basis :smooched:

What say ye, cap'n? (ok so i don't speak good pirate but i'm trying) :bigsmile:
  • beckusjane
    Options
    Is there a thread for October? I am definitely interested in being on the same team and hopefully being able to participate the whole month. Two surgeries in two months has not been fun but I am looking forward to a BIG challenge to keep me on track:)

Becca
  • sonybalony
    sonybalony Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Tribeswomen of WannaWeigh'Wa!!!!

Yes, there is a challenge for October... yes it is Pirate themed... as to whether or not we are a team... we are here aren't we??? I am not going to be trying to solicit additional members... if we gain or lose members... we gain or lose members... If you have friends that would like some accountability to a great bunch of "Wenches"... we be them wenches!!!! Aye, me pirate Jennies, we be looking to bury some booty, and plan on losing the map!!!

I will be able to run the numbers tomorrow morning for the September challenge... I will post here! After I post the months numbers, I will post a new thread for our wenches to follow!

I have had a stressful week and next week will be just as bad... My Dr appt is tomorrow afternoon... (315 so I don't forget!!!)

I am hoping my momma will be coming to stay with us this month... my brother opened his big mouth and now she is a LITTLE cranky about the whole thing... He should learn to hush or I am gonna make him walk the plank!!!

:flowerforyou: ~ Sonia
  • IggyL
    Options
    Yay!!!
  • sonybalony
    sonybalony Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Tribeswomen of WannaWeigh'Wa!!!:glasses:

Our final weeks points were: 75

Bringing our total points to : 726

Our Tribe lost: 11.1 pounds this week

Total Month loss: 37.3 pounds

Biggest Loser: Beckusjane with 13.2 pounds!!! (5.69%)

Our weight change in pounds is:

sonybalony ~~~~~~~~~ 6.00
    tigertown11 ~~~~~~~~ -2.00
    jah1165 ~~~~~~~~~~~ 1.00
    llbird ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 2.00
    megansmom311 ~~~~ 6.50
    psychofied ~~~~~~~~~ -3.00
    beckusjane ~~~~~~~~ 13.20
    mom031344 ~~~~~~~~ 4.20
    lalooday ~~~~~~~~~~~ 5.60
    IggyL ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 3.80

We finished with 6 active tribeswomen:

sonybalony
    llbird
    megansmom311
    beckusjane
    lalooday
    IggyL

Our new thread is located at:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/358750-october-challenge-week-1-wenches-aweigh-closed-group

We move off our little island, Tribeswomen of WannaWeigh'Wa, and challenge the open seas on our ship, "Wenches aWeigh"!!! Climb aboard, store your exercise gear, prepare for meager rations, hard labor, and the potential of vast rewards!!!

~Sonia