losing the shyness and introducing...

Options
hello, I've been on MFP for 21 days now and have lost 5lbs BUT i'm starting to struggle with motivation, therefore i figured hey why not actually introduce myself and maybe find some friends :)
Anyways, I'm 5'1'' and was weighing 145 lbs.. I have tried to lose it since i was about 14 years old and now i believe i have an actual goal, which is to lose the weight by Christmas for my vacation, and I believe i'm doing a pretty good job. Like i said i just need some friends on here and some advice every now and then lol. I'm Brazilian and have the Brazilian body so i know that i'll never be that skinny girl like i always pictured myself to be, i just want to be fit and lose the weight that my doctor told me i should lose and i'm confident i will.. with help.

Sooo, add me and we could help each other out!

Replies

• WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Although technically you have been here longer than me. :-) what part of Brasil?
  • franciellejoyce
    Options
    Thank you :) I'm from Sao Paulo but have lived in the US going on 12 years this December hehe.
  • WifeNMama
    Options
    I was in Sao Paulo six years ago. Going through down town rush hour.... I have never prayed so hard in my life. Haha
  • GFreg
    GFreg Posts: 404
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Good job on your progress so far.
  • franciellejoyce
    Options
    Oh you made me laugh.. it's crazy down there! I was stuck in traffic for almost 4 hours once without moving a mile. It's terrible i'll tell ya :) What were you down there for, if i may ask?
  • franciellejoyce
    Options
    Thanks Greg :) I'm adding you, if that's ok. There more i have friends on here, i believe the more motivation i'll have!
  • WifeNMama
    Options
    A missions trip with my college. We went to Cananaeia, Curitiba and Itapericu (spelling?). Poured concrete and played with kids for six weeks. I got the best toned arms on that trip. Haha
  • TrefG
    TrefG Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Hey,

Welcome to MFP

T
  • adrianelea
    Options
    Welcome! I've been with MFP for a few weeks but haven't acutally logged anything until today! I have however lost 6 lbs since joining so that I am grateful for.
    I'm a full-time working (outside of the home) mom, with two kids and a husband who works a crazy schedule. I'd love to add you all as friends so that I can keep up the motivation.
    January I will be starting school time to become a registered nurse, I would love to be at my goal weight (or close to it) buy time I start. I don't want the stress of being overweight interfere with my studies.
  • laurielou04
    laurielou04 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    request sent :) welcome!