Zig Zagging Calories Question

Pea4jjab
Pea4jjab Posts: 216 Member
edited October 3 in Health and Weight Loss
I know it's probably already been posted before, but I'm having a hard time finding my answer through all the posts. I want to start zig zagging my calories due to a very slow loss lately (about a pound every 2 weeks). I used the calculator on freediet.com, but am unsure if I'm supposed to eat back my exercise calories still or not? Anyone know?

Replies

• Jenny_Bee
    Jenny_Bee Posts: 102
    eat 'em! you've earned 'em!
  • treehugginpam
    treehugginpam Posts: 1,129 Member
    I'm going by that calculator too, but since it takes exercise into account I'm not adding those exercise calories into the total. For example, it tells me to eat about 1700 calories a day (except on zig zag days), but this is based on the fact that I told it that I exercise every day. So I try to eat 1700 - 1800 calories everyday except the zig zag days and exercise as usual but not counting the exercise.

Not sure if that made sense or not. :smile:

You're talking about this calculator, right?

http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm
  • agleckle
    agleckle Posts: 235 Member
    It depends on the setting you used when you had the site calculate your calories. If you said that you work out 3 times a week and then had it calculate, it will include your exercise calories too. If you put in on sedentary/no working out, then it does NOT include exercise calories, which you would then need to eat back.
  • reese66
    reese66 Posts: 2,920 Member
    http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm

This calculator will give you the option to set your activity level, if you choose a more active level then no don't eat them.
  • sheralee
    sheralee Posts: 1 Member
    first the rate you are loosing will make it easier to keep it off long term, however if you want to speed up weight loss don't eat back the calories.

Good luck.
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    first the rate you are loosing will make it easier to keep it off long term, however if you want to speed up weight loss don't eat back the calories.

Good luck.

not true...if you are working out a lot your body NEEDS these calories. BUT it really depends on how you set up your calories...read my blogs on this if you havent already (links on my about me page), i go through everything in lots of detail!
  • Pea4jjab
    Pea4jjab Posts: 216 Member
    Thank you so much everyone! That was the help I was looking for :)
This discussion has been closed.