Question.. I have bulging discs & 30 Day Shred

Would you recommend the 30 Day Shred workout? I guess i should have added. That I have completed Therapy (4 months worth) and have been doing normal gym activities. I was just trying to figure out if anyones back is sore after the workout. I still do back strengthening exercises 3 days a week.

Replies

• Bump..
  • terihaddad
    terihaddad Posts: 114 Member
    Definitely...it's tough, but worth it! I'm only on day 7 of level 1, but I love it and it's the first thing in a LONG time that has motivated me to work out.
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Not until you've done some serious back strengthening work.
  • I have had 4 discs removed and i was told NO EXCERISE ... Swimming laid me up for 3 weeks ...best to ask your Doctor first ...Not everyone is the same ...Val:wink:
  • i think 30day shred is great, but i must admit its a killer! maybe check with your doctor first as its quite high impact x
  • stef_3
    stef_3 Posts: 173
    You should really ask you doctor so you don't injure yourself more.
  • MochaBlues
    MochaBlues Posts: 197 Member
    No disrespect intended....but I think this question should be posed to a treating physician versus an open forum.
  • cpegasus01
    cpegasus01 Posts: 400 Member
    Definitely check with your dr first about what type of exercise would be best!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Please ask your doctor or physiotherapist. There are moves in this workout that could potentially do a lot of damage to an already injured back. Take a list of the exercises used in the workout to your doctor and get his or her opinion.
  • 30 Day Shred does a lot of ab/back work. If you have back problems you really should make sure it is safe for you first.
  • comerfordjl
    comerfordjl Posts: 6 Member
    I had a bulging disc (L5 S1) and was doing 30 DS. However, it was not severe at the time. Fast forward 15 days... severely ruptured disc. I could not move without debilitating pain. 3 weeks later, surgery.

I am not a doctor. However, I was told that I should primarily work on strengthening my core before getting back into exercise. I have done this for the past 2 1/2 months and now feel comfortable getting back into exercising. I would really talk to your doctor to see if he advises this.

30 day shred is physically intense on your body since it combines multiple moves. I found it hard to focus on keeping my core tight while completing each move, especially toward the end of a rep.

Good luck. I know how painful it can be!
  • sheila0321
    sheila0321 Posts: 110 Member
    I had a bulging disc (L5 S1) and was doing 30 DS. However, it was not severe at the time. Fast forward 15 days... severely ruptured disc. I could not move without debilitating pain. 3 weeks later, surgery.

I am not a doctor. However, I was told that I should primarily work on strengthening my core before getting back into exercise. I have done this for the past 2 1/2 months and now feel comfortable getting back into exercising. I would really talk to your doctor to see if he advises this.

30 day shred is physically intense on your body since it combines multiple moves. I found it hard to focus on keeping my core tight while completing each move, especially toward the end of a rep.

Good luck. I know how painful it can be!

Thanks so much.. This is what I was looking for. I will not be doing it then.