Soaring Sirens - Flying the World - CLOSED GROUP

Options
Okay ladies! I've been looking around on the boards tonight, and almost every team has a thread going, so I decided to start one here. I am so excited to start this game tomorrow! Lee's map looks great! The flight starts in New York, and travels around the world. For those of you who did not play Row Around the World, we had some special days to keep it going and add some fun, such as double and triple days, kidnap days... I'll let you know if I hear about any of those.

Our team consists of:

nlsalvatore (me) - captain
Amber_bamber
AmberLiscous (formerly Amberlovesjames)
AmberE0486
BeachGurl815
bubblesburst80
liz11599
sailingsal

Game organizer is LeeKetty1176.

The thread to the map is:

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?msid=204655860575059420912.0004abdf0de2eadf90575&msa=0&ll=41.607228,-72.509766&spn=5.002057,9.876709

This is a very easy challenge in terms of reporting in . All you do is PM me your daily calorie burn, and I will convert the team's burn to miles and submit it to Lee. He usually updates the map frequently.

And now, introductions: I have "met" all of you through other challenges, with the exception of Liz - I am blessed to live across the street from her! I live in PA, and am in my 20th year of teaching. I am married and have a 10 year old girl and 6 year old boy. I joined MFP in January, and have lost 37 pounds so far. I have done a bunch of different challenges on MFP, but I found the Row the World game to be one of the most fun and motivating ones out there. That's why I am so psyched up for this one! There are 21 teams in the air! Let's take off!!

Nancy

Replies

• amber_bamber
    amber_bamber Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I'm Amber, I'm from california. I have worked as a dental assistant for three years.I'm also going to school for nursing. I think I probably have two more years before I can apply for the program. I joined mfp in may and have lost about 20 pounds. for the rowe the world challenge I was a team captain. We did awesome as a team finishing in third (I think we could have won altogether) after the challenge ended I feel like I dropped off the face of mfp for awhile. But I'm glad to be back and in this challenge!
  • AmberCHM
    AmberCHM Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Another Amber here :) I'm a stay at home mom of almost 8 month old boy/girl twins. I started MFP June 1st and have lost just under 40 lbs. I've been slacking on my exercise lately so I'm so excited for this challenge to get me going again.
  • LeeKetty1176
    LeeKetty1176 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    good luck girls.........

and yes Amber (sorry the first one) you rocked that last challenge !

hope it helps you all to keep focus and you get some good results !
  • sailingsal
    sailingsal Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I'm Sarah, i'm single mum to my 10 year old son. We live in Scotland. I'm just finishing an honours degree in psychology.
  • liz11599
    liz11599 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Hi everoney! I'm Liz and live in PA. I'm a stay at home mom and have an 8 year old boy who is the light of my life, as well too, is my husband (who is a Lineman and often away from home for work). Both my husband and my son have been HUGE supporters of me in my journey to lose the weight and get healthy. Nancy (our team leader) is my neighbor and I am so blessed to be living across the street from such an angel! She introduced me to MFP in February and since then I've lost 35 pounds. Since July 2010, however, I've lost a total of 44 pounds. I'm really excited about this challenge and I know it will motivate me to get to the gym more often. Let's go get 'em team!!!
  • BeachGurl815
    BeachGurl815 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies,

I am Kim, from NJ. I am married, have two active boys 16 & 11 (almost 12). I work in insurance and I obviously love the beach and try to go a few times a year. I joined MFP in May and I am down about 15 lbs. I am lucky that my husband is very supportive and also works out with me, especially going to spin classes together. I am really looking forward to this challenge. I didn't get to participate in the row the world challenge but it looked like a blast and a huge motivator. LETS DO THIS!!!
  • amber_bamber
    Options
    First day was today. How did every one do? I cleaned my floors to make room for out new stove do that was a major part of my burn for today. And I'm starting back on turbo fire :-)
  • nlsalvatore
    nlsalvatore Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Off to a great start! 953 miles in so far for Day 1, & still need numbers from 2 teammates!! Way to fly girls!!:love:

Just a thought - 100 calories burned = 25 miles, 200 caloies burned = 50, and every 400 calories burned moves us 100 miles - go for it!
  • nlsalvatore
    Options
    We are at 2,060 miles right now! Great weekend all! Let's burn it up this week!
  • amber_bamber
    Options
    What place are we in?
  • nlsalvatore
    Options
    Nobody has moved yet on the map. Lee is away for a few days and can't update the map til Friday! So, no idea til the weekend - let's give it our all and be off to a fantastic start! Currently I have us at over 2700 miles - not sure how many miles it takes to get around the world! Amber B., do you know from Row the World?
  • amber_bamber
    Options
    Uuuum...a bunch. I'll look when I get on my computer later
  • nlsalvatore
    Options
    Heading to bed but I wanted to give you a quick update on where we stand 5 days into this awesome game! With what I have so far from today added in, we have flown 5,319 miles!!! That would be a team total of 21,276 calories burned to date!! The only people I did not hear from today are Amber B (I know - time difference!) and Amber E, but no worries - I'll just add your numbers in tomorrow. Keep on flying girls - we're doing great - can't wait to see where we are on the map.
  • sailingsal
    sailingsal Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    5319 miles means we're somewhere between Rome and cyprus.

New York to London 3465 miles
    LOndon to Paris 213.25 miles
    Paris to Rome 688.11 miles 4366.36 from start
    Rome to cyprus 1221.93 miles 5588.29 from start
    Cyprus to Bagdad 640.21 miles 6228.5 from start
    Bagdad to Mumbi 2013.95 8242.45
  • bubblesburst80
    bubblesburst80 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    we are doing great, can't wait for the map to get updated, I want to know where everyone else is!
  • nlsalvatore
    Options
    Sarah - love it!! Just so you all know, I have been getting messages from Lee throughout the day that he has put miles in. He has entered 3 of our 5 days so far. He said he has over 60 messages to get through! I would guess the map will be updated sometime tomorrow. Lee usually posts that the map is updated, and has the link, so you can copy and paste it to see where we are. I'll post when I know something. I know Team Lighter Than Air is about 1000 miles ahead of us. Let's have a calorie burning weekend!!
  • bubblesburst80
    bubblesburst80 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    someone has made it to Italy! we really need to step it up this weekend, we can do it!!
  • nlsalvatore
    Options
    Map is up - at the moment we appear to be either in 4th or tied for 3rd - not bad girls! I need to check in with Lee later today, because I did not get messages from him that all our miles have been updated. Will let you know - go for awesome burns this weekend!! By the way, I love how supportive this group is. I notice everyone commenting on each other's status updates - very nice!
  • nlsalvatore
    Options
    Just heard back from Lee - we are totally up to date. Happy Friday all! I am in such a good workout groove this morning, but.... here on my side of the world, it's time to shower, get the kids up and ready for school, and head off to work. Later peeps! By the way - in case you wonder, our daily average miles for these 6 days is about 814, = about 3,256 calories a day divided by 8 = 407. I haven't posted individual daily burns or anything, because this is totally a team effort, and everyone has things that come up (like LIFE!) that keep us from working out at times - jobs, sick kids, house problems, activities.....plus it's good to rest your body at times!! I'm proud of the effort we have all put in girls - we are off to a fantastic start!! Fly on friends!! Have a fantastic weekend!