Eat Right For Your (Blood) Type

Options
I checked this book out from the library after hearing several intriguing testimonies as to the efficacy of this diet. I would like to hear from people who have tried it. What were your results?

Just to clarify, I have done quite a bit of research about this diet, and I realize there is a significant lack of scientific evidence supporting it. Frankly, I don't care, as it seems to be safe and I don't believe that science knows everything. So, please, unless you have actually tried this diet, don't respond. I'm sorry if that seems harsh, but I've already had a thread on another forum get messed up because people insisted on "educating" me about the science (or lack thereof), when I really just want personal experiences, whether they be good or bad.

Replies

• porcelain_doll
    porcelain_doll Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    I was given a diet for my blood type (O+) and it was frustrating because my food list was very limited. I didn't stay on it longer than a couple of days. I just couldn't eat that way.
  • FrenchMob
    FrenchMob Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    Sorry that I don't have any "real experience" with this diet, but all I'll say about that is. the placebo affect on a lot of these diets is pretty spectacular.

What's wrong with just eating clean, in moderation, and a little exercise? Is it that difficult?
  • bt806
    bt806 Posts: 22
    Options
    I havent done this myself ut I know people that have, and it just made them feel healthier and gave them more energy to do more things I dont think it its self will knock the weight its what you do in addition to it that counts
  • tiggerbounce411
    tiggerbounce411 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Sorry that I don't have any "real experience" with this diet, but all I'll say about that is. the placebo affect on a lot of these diets is pretty spectacular.

What's wrong with just eating clean, in moderation, and a little exercise? Is it that difficult?
    It isn't actually a "Diet" It is a list of foods that is best suited for specific blood types. I have eaten according to what they recommend for my blood type and let me say, I didn't even know I was doing it until way after the fact. I felt amazingly better, tremendously light and not weighed down, gassy or sick ever. It was nice to feel "good" all of the time and not have to look for energy. Yes, everyone is entitled to their opinions. I just wanted to clarify that this is NOT a diet suggestion, but rather an list of foods RECOMMENDED for each blood type and what should be avoided.
  • anneke123456
    Options
    I was given a diet for my blood type (O+) and it was frustrating because my food list was very limited. I didn't stay on it longer than a couple of days. I just couldn't eat that way.

I think thats my blood type to, what does it say for that I have never heard of this? I just eat good and exercise seems to work.
  • Valechka
    Valechka Posts: 192
    Options
    Seems like one more yo yo diet...
  • Bratkins
    Options
    I am an A blood type and it was very effective for me. However, for the most part A's (If this book is still the same) are encouraged towards more of a vegan lifestyle and cutting out Dairy is always very effective for me.
  • oncequeen
    Options
    I read an article about this diet and it makes a whole lot of sense to me. I'm type O and have struggled with my weight mainly because of carbs, when I limit or completely eliminate carbs, I lose weight. Disappointing as it is to not be able to eay carbs it has proven to be right. I'm in my own scietific study of carb controlled eating and have lost 12lbs in 3 weeks compared to only 6 pounds when eating 1200 calories and running 5 miles a day. I'm my own body's scientist, lol! Thanks!
  • cessnaholly
    cessnaholly Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    bump
  • voluptuous_veggie
    voluptuous_veggie Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Each of the "blood types" offer fairly healthy eating plans. They are based on whole foods, and are, for the most part, quite "clean". HOWEVER, as someone who had to study this a lot in school, ANYBODY can eat ANY of those diets and have a pretty balanced lifestyle. Your blood type really has nothing to do with it whatsoever. A type AB could eat the type O diet and be just as well-off as the O person eating the AB diet.
  • 10fairywings
    10fairywings Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    It's interesting I have a rare ish blood type and when I read the foods it was quite strange, the ones to avoid were things I don't like, and the foods to eat were in the main things I love. However the recommendation for my blood type is to be a veggie, I eat a lot of protein so no good for me and without meat I feel sadly a bit poorly, but on the same note, I also don't need as much protein as others doing what i do. So it is interesting, and by pure coincidence I do eat quite a lot like what is recommended in the book.

11064913.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • opalmel
    opalmel Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    bump
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    Im AB so i should eating tofu (yuck), seafood (double yuck), and avoid all smoked and cured meat (yum), as guess what! They can cause cancer!

*sigh*

To me this is just like saying "all Aries should eat x and y, and avoid z, all Libras should eat z and y, and avoid x".
  • k8e308
    k8e308 Posts: 5
    Options
    I'm AB as well, and I haven't found it to be that unrealistic, but it's also not too far off from the way I eat already (except for meat protein sources). I do like most of the seafood that is allowed and recommended, and smoked/cured meats aren't a big part of my diet now.

I also wonder at the across-the-board aversion to tofu. It takes on the taste of whatever you cook it with, so I don't understand why it's so unliked. It's not meant to be eaten raw, and as long as you're cooking it with other things you like there shouldn't be a problem. Is it a textural thing? I've never really noticed the texture too much, but maybe others are more sensitive to it than I am.
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    I don't want to go veg. :(
  • Giantess
    Giantess Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    My mom tried it, because she's super into fad diets. She went back to the Zone after she didn't really lose any weight, and after she learned that the "science" behind it is bunk.
  • LuckyBumblebee
    Options
    I haven't done it myselft but I do have a positive comment.

My sis-in-law did it and she lost heaps of weight eating according to her bloodtype (was something like not eating carbs and protein in the same meal). It really worked wonders for her. She believes it is a combination of diff needs for diff blodtypes and the fact that she by eating like this avoided a lot for calorie-heavy meals and had lots of veggies all the time.

So I dunno if it's perfect science, but worked for her.

I don't know my bloodtype, that's why I haven't tried it :)
  • DawnOBRN
    DawnOBRN Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Sounds like BS to me...
  • janetb21
    janetb21 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine did it and she lost a lot of weight, like 100 lbs or so. She kept a lot of it off, gained some back, and has gone on to lose more. She swears by it. I haven't tried it.
  • tiggerbounce411
    tiggerbounce411 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    It seems that nobody is reading these posts other than the orig..this isn't about an actual DIET. It is about eating foods that are recommended for your blood type and staying away from foods that are not good for your blood type. That's all, no diet, no fad anything. We can all be unhealthy eating the food recommended. It has nothing to do with losing weight at all.