Anyone ever use a stability ball at work?

Options
I've seen quite a few articles on these things. Just wondering if anyone has or is using it and what your opinion of it is?

Replies

• gcineas
    gcineas Posts: 121
    Options
    we use them in office!! They are awesome. I can feel my core constantly working. Not to mention it's just plain fun to sit on one :)
  • noexcuses1218
    noexcuses1218 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Yes, I've got one. Makes a huge difference in posture but I never felt like my abs had to do anything special. Might be because I'm short and have the smaller ball.

Plus the jokes are worth it, if nothing else.
  • marcie03
    Options
    I have used one before and it helps! The biggest thing I noticed was less lower back pain from sitting at my desk all day. I think it has something to do with the poster required to stay balanced on the ball. I love it and would recommend it for anyone! :happy:
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    One of the girls I used to work with brought one in when I was working nights in an ICU, She loved it. We used to steal it and set up urinals and bowl in the hallway with it during slack times.
    I have one at home and absolutely love it.
  • 1Ciarrah
    1Ciarrah Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Just started using mine today and I can feel it. Core and butt. Feel like I am going to have buns of steel.... lol .... Again this is my first day but I am going to keep at it. It does make it haprder to get around at my desk. I can't just spin my chair to get into files or send faxes and what not but this just means I have to actually get up so I suppose that is good to. Give it a try and post your thoughts. I would love more input from others.
  • angelajiniel
    Options
    I used one while I was pregnant at work, helped tremendously with a lot of the hip and lower back pain I was having. I don't know if I really feel it in my core though. I still use one at home occasionally. I guess it really depends on how you normally sit. If you have good posture to begin with, it won't be as helpful as it would to someone who's a sloucher. :)
  • alyssamiller77
    alyssamiller77 Posts: 891 Member
    Options
    I'm guessing your talking about replacing your office chair with the ball? I've seen people at my office who do that however, I've never really bought into it. If you have no core strength at all it might do you some good for a little bit but I don't think you're going to see any noticeable changes (although you might feel some differences in ab and back strength if you're really weak now).

Now, for workouts on the other hand, I LOVE the "body" ball (body ball, stability ball, fitness ball - I've seen it go by different names). You can find exercises that work just about any muscle group you can think of, and probably even some you never knew existed. I've almost completely replaced the weight bench with the ball. Try doing a bench press with dumbbells while laying on the ball and it's a whole new world. That said you do have to work into it slowly for any of the exercises as it does take some time to get used to maintaining your balance.

Hope that was helpful.