NSV . . no more hot dogs and cold cuts!

vikesfanmb
vikesfanmb Posts: 291 Member
Well, I think I just realized one of my biggest NSV's yet. It is probably somewhat comparable to quitting smoking or at least some of my friends have joked that this was my "cigarette" addiction. And I realize this probably going to sound gross to some of you . . but I used to eat hotdogs, bologna, salami, etc. every single day, sometimes multiple times a day. Often lunch and dinner would consist of at least one hotdog or piece of bologna. Sometimes, even breakfast (blech, I know!)

So I just realized that the only time I've eaten a hot dog recently was a) when I was at the state fair in early Sept and b) when I went to a 4th of July cookout. That's it!! I haven't even craved one. And you know what? The one I had less than a month ago, eh, it was
nothing special. Just something to eat while at the fair.

I guess the reason I am bringing this up is, I feel I have completely changed my relationship with food. Yes - I still like and crave sweets, I still like and crave salty stuff . . but it doesn't rule my life. Food does not own me. I am in control and I feel like a WHOLE NEW ME!! :smile: Very empowering.

Replies

• Jiv7
    Jiv7 Posts: 36
    thats amazing! congratulations!
  • bigislandgrrl
    bigislandgrrl Posts: 196 Member
    its a beautiful thing
  • stephaniezoundi
    stephaniezoundi Posts: 1,148 Member
    Congrats! That is a great NSV, realising you are in control. Well done :bigsmile:
  • CrystalFlury
    CrystalFlury Posts: 400 Member

I guess the reason I am bringing this up is, I feel I have completely changed my relationship with food. Yes - I still like and crave sweets, I still like and crave salty stuff . . but it doesn't rule my life. Food does not own me. I am in control and I feel like a WHOLE NEW ME!! :smile: Very empowering.

Food no long owns me either. I used to crave sweets far too often! I got to the point where I was baking homemade cookies almost every week and then pig out on them throughout the day, it sucked. I use to not be able to control my sweet craving and my want to eat out because it was quicker (even though I did/do enjoy cooking homemade). It's nice being able to control myself, however cravings do happen time to time but I am a much stronger person than I was as well.

Yay to being in control!! Congrats!
  • SarahMorganP
    SarahMorganP Posts: 921 Member
    That is awesome!
  • coltonsmumma
    coltonsmumma Posts: 80 Member
    Now that I read this... I haven't had a hot dog since probably 4th of July for sure.
  • Packerfan23
    Packerfan23 Posts: 225 Member
    That is awesome MB!!! I still crave my sweets and snacks too and I have them in moderation...but definitely am more in tune with what I am putting in my mouth. I read labels all the time now...
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!